There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Catchy Tune....

When I was pregnant with Macie I remember cleaning the house listening to Chris Tomlin "Indescrible." After Macie was born I would sit on the living room floor with towels everywhere giving Macie a spongebath and playing that song. We have on video one night where Macie wasnt too happy so I tried to rock her and sing that song "Indescribeable" to calm her down. It just always seemed to comfort her. Macie has always loved music and falls asleep to music everynight. It was much easier when she was a baby though because we could put in "Mary had a Little Lamb, Hush Little Baby, Jesus Love Me" any lullaby, or praise and worship cd and she would be content.

But now Macie is 6 so instead of slipping whatever cd we like in her cd player at night, she has developed an opinion and tasete of her own. I have made the "no secular" music comittment more times than I can count, and have gone through periods where I tried listening to only uplifting music and nothing else especially when Macie was in the car. I am not condeming anyone for their taste in music but I believe through my experiences when I'm going through a difficult time and listening to a hip hop song blaring "how rich, famous and beautiful" their life is and here I am in my sweats and frazzled hair trying to budget every penny because I can't drop "G's" like the stars its depressing. I have found though that in those moments where I am struggling if I turn on worship music somehow I always feel comforted and encouraged through the words.

I'm human though and have had my "ghetto" days where I wanted to flip the channel drivng down the highway forgetting for a minute im in a mini van and not a Lexus while bopping to my walmart, not Louis Vuitton shades. My music censor has gotten better especially while Macie is in the car but there have been times where I didnt realize the words to a certain song. She may have heard them with me, with someone else, on t.v. or whatever but the message behind that catching tune can be deceiving. Many of you have probably seen the advertisements for "kidz bops" on t.v. Its the hottest dance/hip hop music on the charts currently with the words slightly altered sung by kids. I never thought much about it really and felt good about buying them for Mac, at least the words were kid friendly.

However one night I was tucking her in bed and we both were listening to the cd dancing, I wasnt sure what song was playing but it was catchy and I liked it. So after I got Mac to bed I decided to google the song and wow, talk about being hit in the face by a ton of bricks. The song was "My perfect "blanking" life." But the blanking started with a capital "F." I felt as a parent I had failed Macie. I thought I was making good decisions by buying the cd with censorship but really it was a deceptive attempt to get kids attention, through a catchy song and "kid friendly" lyircs. I wonder how often the devil uses deception each day to grab our attention. Something may look catchy, glamorous and fun but underneath the realness of it all its destructive to us and our lives. The words on "kidz bops" may be ok and changed for a good purpose but it doesnt change the fact that it still attracts Macie's attention and so when she hears the "real" song or those harmful lyrics how is she supposed to know what the real thing is or the fake. This was a huge eye opener not just as a parent but for myself becaue if I wouldnt have looked that song up it might not have hit me just by hearing it on the radio dressed in a catchy tune as it did seeing it in plain sight with no glamour and glitz surrounding it. This world is scary and Satan will use any chance he can get to creep in whether it be through music, movies, clothing, relationships, addictions or whatever and he will use it to destroy you, your family, and every part of your life.

John 10:10 (NLT) "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy."We may not be able to differenate always between whats ok and what Satan is using to deceive us but God can. I am Macie's parent and guardian the person who watches over the best interest of her life and God is our ultimate guardian and can protect us and decipher whats the best for our lives. Each day put on the armor of God, allow Him to make it clear to you what is deceptive and harmful and whats uplifting and ok. Ephesians 16:10-13 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. If not you too may be mezmorized by deceptions catchy tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment