There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Take a deep breath......



Earlier this past week Scott and I were flipping through the channels one night and he came across a move he had been wanting to see so we started watching it. I can't remember the name of the movie now and we ended up turning it after about half way through because it got pretty gross and weird but the story was about a group of girls who went on a trip Spelunking. Spe who?? Yes Spelunking is a real word which I had never heard of in my life but it means to go cave exploring, honestly I didnt even know they had a word for that I just thought it was called "cave exploring."

So we started watching this movie and these girls were on a journey cave exploring and it was such tight spaces. It wasnt like they were walking through caves, they were on their tummys crawling through dark, tight spaces with no extra room, litterally their arms were stuck down at their sides and they had to do the "worm" through these caves. This to me was so stressful to watch on a movie I can't even imagine what it would be like in real life. Even thinking about it now I feel a lump in my throat thinking about being so enclosed and surrounded that you literally feel trapped. Maybe its because I dont like not having control in life but they just seemed so vulnerable. There is no way you could possibly know everything that was ahead and because of the tight space there was no turning back but only moving forward. I think even if your not clastraphobic any person could easily get overhwelmed in that kind of situation, it would take so much mental control to allow yourself to remain calm and not let that feeling of being trapped overtake you.
When i was at the doctors this week he mentioned me needing an MRI and for that test you are placed in a tight tunnel like machine, your head is braced down and you have to lay there still as can be for a good 45 minutes. I'm not clastraphobic but the last time I had one there were a few minutes that literally I had to talk myself out of completely loosing control because just something about it made me panic for a few short minutes. Anyone who has ever had an MRI knows what I'm talking about. Can you think of a real situation in life that you have been in that you just felt trapped? I'm not talking about being in a closet or elevator I'm talking about being in such a tight space like the movie that you couldnt barely breath, let alone move your arms or legs.

I think we can all go through times in life where we feel like the walls are closing in around us. It just seems like things are piling on top of us and although it may not be anything major its just one thing after another and the next thing we know we feel surrounded and its hard to move and catch our breath. I have felt like this lately, not because of bad things in life its just that there seemed to be one thing after another and I came to a place where I needed some breathing room.

Maybe its because of a crazy schedule, getting the kids back to school, financial stressors, health troubles, packed weekends or whatever its easy to feel like your Spelunking in life.You can see an end in sight and know if you keep going and just get through one thing at a time and check of one commitment after another of your agenda book you will be ok eventually and be able to breath a little but in that moment you just feel overwhelmed and stuck. I think its ok for us to feel like this at times its a reminder that we can't do everything, that we are still human and we need supernatural strength from God to get through everything we need to. Whatever you are facing right now in life, maybe you are feeling tied down and panicky, commit it all to the Lord and take a deep breath. Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

Allow God to free you from whatever is closing in on you and to give you a little boost to finish what needs to be done and get through all you need to get through. In the process though know that its ok to take a break from life and all the "stuff" and regroup. Spend some time in prayer and devotions and allow the Lord to rejuvenate and restore you, so you can move ahead. Matthew 11:28-29 (AMP) "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment