There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, August 19, 2011

I want it now............


Its been one of those head shaking mornings where I feel llike I am constantly battling aginst all odds for little pety stuff. Everything seems like a task and nothing can go smoothly. Just when I officially wanted to pull my hair out, feathers and all, a sense of laughter came over me and I thought to myself "man God sure has a sense of humor."

Macie and I went to the salon this morning so I could get my hair cut and normally I try and leave her with daddy so I can get a few minutes of peace and quiet and have a little girl time with my girl Heather but because Scott has meetings this week I had to take her with me. It wasnt a big deal since it was just a cut so it was quick but then in the middle of the salon, which Heather can testify too, Macie has a meltdown because I wont let her get a feather but only a gem in her hair. Now I probably should have put on my fighting gear and left with her not getting anything if she wanted to act like that, but honestly I didnt have the energy. I am sure if you have ever been around a little one before you know exactly what I mean. Needless to say she left with 3 pink gems in her hair and the score is now Macie 1 and Mommy 0.

Once we got in the van I gave her a little talking to and tried to sweep it under the rug so we could have a good rest of the day. Now Scott and I decided to not eat out for a month but since it was Macs and I's last girls day before school starts next week I decided to go through Wendys and grab something small for lunch. Because Macie has a sweet tooth like her daddy of course she was begging for a chocolate Frosty. I agreed but told her as we were pulling out of the drive through to hold onto the cup but don't open it and wait until we got home, in just a few minutes.

Not even half mile down the road I hear blood curdling screams from the backseat and what do I see but my 5 year old covered in chocloate Frosty all while claiming "I'm so sorry I just couldn't wait." I think in that moment instant smoke started pouring out of my ears and it took everything in me not to have a meltdown also. But that was the moment where I thought "ok God I get it, I understand what your trying to say." So i continued on explaining to Macie that when we aren't patient in life then we loose the blessing or treat that was sitting there waiting for us all because our lack of obedience. I know there have been times in my life where I felt like God was revealing something to me but He was also saying, just give it a little more time and I promise I am going to bless you in a way you can't even imagine. In moments where I followed those commands it was truely amazing what doors He opened and things that He put in my life because of it. I remember when Scott graduated from MVNU and was trying to get his first teaching job, he applied for a ton and started getting calls for interviews and in the midst of it all I asked him what his first pick would be and he told me. Well the following week he went for an interview a few hours away and thought it went really well but was crushed when he wasn't offered the job. We didnt understand what God was doing but kept trusting that He had a reason and a plan and don't you know he got a call a few weeks later and was offered a position at the school that was his first choice, oh I have "God bumps" just thinking about it. Thats what the power of Christ can do, He can give us more than we could ever imagine. Isaiah 30:18 "Blessed are all they that wait for him."

But I have to admit because of my humaness I have also had moments where I chose to prematurely act and things may have still worked out but the road was much harder than God intended for it to be. When Macie was clearly disobedient I was crushed because as much as she wanted that yummy chocolate Frosty I wanted in my heart for her to be able to enjoy it because when we give our kids things that make them happy it makes us happy. I imagine God feels like this with us, He does all that He can to make our dreams come true and tries to orchestrate the perfect plans so it will be revealed to us but then we choose to take control away and do it on our own we miss out and He is devestated because He can't give us so much more than what we have chosen because of our disobedience.

Maybe your struggling with a difficult decision right now in a job, a relationship, a purchase and your just unsure. I just encourage you to submit it to the Lord and ask for His direction and clarity in whatever it is and when He gives you an answer listen. It may mean you can't buy that new car right now, or switch jobs this month but I guarantee by your submission and obedience He will put a deal in your lap for the perfect car that will blow your mind, or offer you a job way more than you could have imagined. I can assure you one thing, Macie will never open the Frosty cup in the car again, hmmm Mommy 1, Macie 1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment