There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stick Together.........


http://lifetoday.org/video/the-god-of-all-comforts-3/
 
Wow what a powerful video!!! A few months ago I was reading a few different sections from the book "Get out of that Pit" by Beth Moore and one of the phrases really stood out at me."While you wait for God to work and manifest your sure deliverance, you wrap yourself around Him as tightly as you possibly can. Ask Him to make you more God-aware than you have ever been in your life. Bind yourself to Him with everything you've got so that you will ultimately-inevitably-go anywhere He does. Hang on for dear life and never let go" I love this whole phrase but the section "bind yourself to Him with everything you've got" is the part I love the most. The word bind is the key here. Bind is defined as to become compact or solid, to cause to cohere or stick together, to bandage or hold together wounds.

Think about all the things in this world where we use a binder to take many important things and hold them together. I dont know how many different binders of all colors and sizes I have gone through over the course of my school days. It seemed like in every class I would collect stacks and stacks of papers that the professor would tell us to hold onto because they would be of importance throughout that quarter. I could easily just put them in a folder somewhere but it always made more sense to get a binder so that each paper could be neatly held together and organized for exactly the right moment that I needed. Another example of this that I have learned more about the past few years is baking a cake. When we bake a cake we often use eggs as a binding agent to keep all the ingredients together. If we leave out the egg or any of the other ingredients then the cake wont be the same, it wont have any structure or form to it. A book is another thing that is bound, each page in a book is important and different but every idea represented on those pages are ultimately bound together as a whole to make up a beautiful story. Something I have been all too familiar with the past few months is what they use in the medical world sometimes and thats an abdominal binder. Although it may sound kind of yucky this illistraution is my favorite. The binder here is important because it holds the wound together in a way to aide in healing. Unlike a bandaide that does nothing more than cover up the wound a binder holds a wound together and supports the wound in such a way to facilitate new tissue growth and healing.

In all these examples you can leave the binder out for sure but will the results be the same??? If we leave the eggs out of the cake it probably wouldnt stay together too well, if we leave the abdominal binder off the healing wound i'm sure it will still heal over time but without being held together in a way that the binder can provide it will take much more time and also risk infection and other problems with the wound without that strong force encompassing that compromised tissue. I wonder how different our lives would be if we lived this basic concept to "bind ourselves with Him." It doesnt say to go alongside Him or in front of Him or behind Him it says "bind ourselves with Him" I think of this as becoming one with Christ. Its not about us walking through life with Jesus beside us but instead its wrapping ourselves so tightly around Him that we can no longer see where we end and He begins, its not about us but about Christ living through us.

If your making a cake and you mix in the eggs to bind the ingredients together there is no possible way you could ever seperate those ingredients again, they are stuck permanently in a way that you no longer have several different ingredients you instead have one bowl of cake batter. They are mixed so tightly together that a whole new identity and purpose is taken on. Think of the amazing things that would take place if we allowed ourselves to become one with the Lord and "bind" ourselves to Him everyday in all situations so that nothing would ever be able to seperate us or get in between us. If we "bind" ourselves to Jesus there is no way satan can slip in and interfere in our lives and what the Lord wants to do in and through us. Take a rope for example, what a simple thing that all of us have used for something or other in our lives. Rope is made up of hundres of strands of fiber that are tightly woven together for a common purpose. Like a rope if we "bind ourselves" with the Lord the tighter the cords are bound together the greater strength is produced. If we allow ourselves to be bound to Christ then inevitably we will never be able to go anywhere that He wont already be and our strength will be multiplied through Him so that whatever we face we will be able to meet it head on with Christ. Isaiah 40:29 (Amplified translation) "He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength, causing it to multiply and making it to abound."

Life can be so tough but something that I have learned is that when I try to do it alone its far worse. God doesnt want to be dragged alongside us through the battles, He wants to be present right in the very center of them with us. He wants to be united with us in a way that we are never alone and we can embrace His power and strength through us during these times. Phillipians 4:13 (Amplified translation) "I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me ,I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency." I pray that I can live like this everyday, not on my own strength but so tightly bound to Christ that He is always with me embracing me and fighting the battles ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment