There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Let it fade.....


Check out this video from Beth Moore its awesome and so encouraging and fits well with todays devotional.

http://lifetoday.org/video/get-out-of-that-pit-3

Jeremy Camp has a song that is called "Let it Fade" and in the song the chorus says: "Let this old life crumble let it fade, let this new life offer be your saving grace." I have found these words to be so amazing and true. We often find ourselves in life in a place where we aren't sure how we got there but we did. Whether it be an addiction, a job, a relationship a financial downfall whatever it is we are stuck in this pit of despair. We have allowed that "thing" to put us in a downward spiral that seperates us from God. The hard part is we don't usually realize this until we have lost so much that we are at the the bottom of the pit and then we look back up and wonder "how in the world did i get here?"

To God its not important how we got there but that we have recognized how much we allowed that "thing" to consume us and seperate us from Him and the things that He wants to show us. To God its being ready to get out of that pit instead of living in it and allowing ourselves to be comfortable with that despair and heartache. So many times when we find ourselves in a pit by something or someone we become content there and start making that pit our home...as beth moore puts it "we move in and start hanging up pictures on the wall and tidying up the place." We start feeling comfortable and safe even though its painful because satan wants us to feel like we need to stay awhile. Of course satan makes that pit look very appealing and safe because he knows by us staying there its more time we are seperated from God and its more time we have to isolate ourselves so he can tear us down little by little.

I have a friend that talks about a job that lead her into this pit of despair and destruction in her life. She had to go through the fire and pain to realize that she couldn't stay in that pit any longer she had to get out. That point of realizing we need out doesnt come easy though, we have to come to a point where every ounce of our being aches and hurts and we can't live another second in that pain anymore. The place where we we recognize this, is the place we we start to see freedom and a light at the end of the tunnel. The amazing thing is that this friend goes on to tell how she climbed out of that pit and has been freed by the bondage that satan had on her at one time and now she has found restoration and healing in many areas of her life.

Climbing out of the pit is never easy and we will slip and slide along the way, satan will try to tell us lies and throw our past in our face so that eventually we can't hang on anymore and then we slide back to the bottom of that yucky pit of despair. But the amazing thing is as we are trying to climb out of the pit God will take our hand and help pull us up. Psalm 40:2 "He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along." He will wisper in our ears how much He loves us and how He wants to take away our hurts and use them for beauty. The words "let this old life crumble let it fade, let this new life offer be our saving grace" is God telling us its ok to climb out of the pit....regardless of how long we have been down there or how dirty we are He still loves us and wants us to start over and be freed from whatever is keeping us in bondage. He wants to remove the chains this "thing" has on us and show us a new way.

No matter what situation you are in, regardless of what "thing" has you held captive now God can help pull you out of the pit and give you the strength to start over. There will be moments where the world and satan will try to make that old life look good and there will be moments where you find yourself inching closer and closer to the edge of that pit but in those moments God can pick you up and remind you of where that pit leads and He can direct you on a new path. I have struggled with this alot lately and have found myself looking back at that pit and remembering how painful it is but yet i still inch closer and closer to it at times. In those moments where i fail and satan starts throwing things in my face i remember that God has pulled me out of the pit and His words are "real" He defines who i am not satan....God reminds me that satan has no authority in my life anymore and that I don't have to allow that "thing" to have one more second of my life...it doesnt deserve my time, it doesnt deserve my energy, it doesnt deserve to steal away my joy and my focus now is on Christ. God has forgiven us from whatever threw us in that pit and He promises to hold our hands and take us down a new path if we just stay with Him and never let go. This is the time right now to get out of that pit and to trust that wherever God takes us and however hard it may be we never have to be alone in that dark and dirty pit of despair again. Hebrews 13:5 "He will never leave us nor forsake us!!!!" Hold tight to His hand today and allow yourself to have freedom, allow yourself to be happy and to find joy away from that pit..its ok, Gods promises are for you regardless of where you have been or what you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment