There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Beginnings....

Well I decided to do it, after a little persuading from friends and family I made a blog. Its something that has been on my mind for awhile now but couldnt really make up my mind whether I wanted to or not. I think blogs are great but I have had them once, twice or hmmm I guess I lost track of how many times in the past. Its hard to keep up with at times, I will do good for awhile and then the next thing I know i am writing a new post trying to catch up on life for the past 6 months or more. Its amazing how hard it also is to stay caught up with life at times. It seems like we are constantly allowing the busyness of everyday to consume us before we have time to stop and reflect about what exatly has been going on. We get so caught up in doing that we forget to just be still and really bask in what God is doing. I was asked yesterday to write a little something for a nursing student for one of her classes about Crohns disease and information about the disease and how its affected me physically and emotionally. I started writting and before I knew it had a couple pages filled. When I finished with it I was just speechless. Obviously I have battled through the circumstances of the words on those pages over the past 20 years but to actually reflect on it and allow it to soak in was breathtaking.

"When your in the storm you don't realize how strong the winds are but when you can step back and take a look its a little overwhelming."

If your in the midst of a tornado you may feel the winds beating against you but its not until its over and you can step back and see the path of destruction that the storm has taken, for it to fully sink in what you survived. I want a new beginning in my life and hope this is an encouragment for you also to instead of constantly being on damage control that we would live each day a little more aware of the power behind the storms in our lives.

We read in the Bible a story of two sisters, Mary and Martha. Luke 10: 38-42 "
38Now while they were on their way, it occurred that Jesus entered a certain village, and a woman named Martha received and welcomed Him into her house.
    39And she had a sister named Mary, who seated herself at the Lord's feet and was listening to His teaching.
    40But Martha [overly occupied and too busy] was distracted with much serving; and she came up to Him and said, Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me [to lend a hand and do her part along with me]!
    41But the Lord replied to her by saying, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things;
    42There is need of only one or but [a]a few things. Mary has chosen the good portion [[b]that which is to her advantage], which shall not be taken away from her.

So often we suffer from the "Martha" Syndrome, spending so much time and energy being busy and fussing with the pety things in life when Jesus wants nothing more than for us to be like Mary instead, not consuming ourselves by actions but instead just sitting at the feet of Jesus in total adoration for Him.

With this blog it is my prayer that we would evaluate our lives and take a step back from the busyness each day and reflect together on what is impacting our lives in this very moment so we can pray, encourage and lift each other up to see the fullness and grace of God in each circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment