There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Saturday, August 27, 2011

I will fear no evil.....

As humans we face so many different emotions brought on by our circumstances in life. Like a chameleon ever changing one minute we are a bright shade of happy yellow and the next a gloomy shade of black. Life isnt constant therefore neither are our emotions. We all know this because this concept is something we all experience each and everyday in our lives. One emotion that I feel as humans we can allow to creep in and have control over our lives is fear. Fear is defined as a feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.

Whether this danger is for physical harm, emotional harm, spiritual harm, marital harm, financial harm or whatever it is we have all been there. Life allows that anxious thought is planted inside our heads until it consumes us and seeps out through our pores until Satan gets a whiff and like an animal sniffing out his dinner Satan smells that fear and devours us. Fear is a natural human emotion that we can't control but the amount of imprisonment we allow that fear to hold over our lives in something we can control. Satan is like a wild animal who feeds off our fear, he smells the fear in us and plots against us in a way that we allow that fear to consume us so deeply we forget to trust God with those circumstanes that are causing us anxiety. In the midst of our fear satan will try to only highlight the negative so that we see the only outcome as being something bad. Satan wants us to believe we will never get through that circumstance, he wants to turn our fear into defeat. Satan wants us to be a prisoner chained to our circumstances as he stands guard and scoffs.

The great news is that although we are human and will have times of fear for whats ahead God is so much bigger than our circumstances and emotions. God created each and every one of us and as He was forming us so intricately He also decided that we would have emotions and that those emotions would make us who we are. So if God created us and our emotions then why dont we ever stop and think that maybe we should hand those fears over to Him??? Isaiah 43:12 But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob,he who formed you, O Israel:"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you" There is a song that says "I will fear no evil for my God is with me, and if my God is with me whom then shall I fear, whom then shall I fear."

Isaiah 41: 10,13 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."


How amazing that even in the midst of our fears the Lord is still with us!! He still loves us and wants to hold us in His arms and rock us back and forth until we feel safe and not anxious or agitated until that presence of danger we feel has gone. Dont allow fear of the unknown to control your life, dont allow Satan to hold you prisoner to the unseen but instead when those thoughts of fear start too creep in ask God to crush them and to place within you a hope that everything is going to work out exactly as planned. When those fears of losing your job start to creep in CRUSH THEM, when those fears that you aren't good enough and wont get into the school you want CRUSH THEM, when those fears that you will never be healed of an illness come in CRUSH THEM, when those fears that you will never get over the pain of your past come in CRUSH THEM!!!!! Allow God to CRUSH those frears regardless of how big or small they may seem He cares. Don't allow Satan to steal one ounce of your joy by causing fear to control your life. Is there something in your life right now that is causing you great fear??? Are you allowing God to handle the matter or are you being held captive to that fear??? Give it over to the Lord today and dont allow satan to have another second of your joy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment