There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hoarders................

There's a show on the A&E channel called hoarders. When I first started watching this show I was completely amazed at how much stuff one person can actually fit in their houses. It wasnt just the mere fact of the amount of stuff those people had in their houses but the items that they had saved. There were items that were very sentimental and personal which we all have in our own homes to rotting food just laying around. As I watched this show I was deeply drawn to not the shock factor of how much stuff was in these peoples houses but the emotional baggage behind the "stuff."

I was thinking about how much in each of our lives we have a little bit of the hoarder personality in us. We find comfort in filling our lives with so much unecessary "stuff." Some of the stuff we place in our lives is positive and meaninful and help in contributing to our lives in a good way, but alot of times the stuff we place in there is negative. Some negative things that are placed in our lives are addictions, relationships, financial debt, and more. Regardless of how messy or undesirable that stuff is we keep piling and piling it in the rooms of our hearts and lives until it becomes a complete mess in there. After awhile like the show those negative things that we have put in there start rotting and eating away at our hearts and souls. However, instead of allowing God to bring in a bull dozer and empty out those rooms of all that junk we just keep piling in more and more.

There becomes a point like the show that over time after we have piled so much stuff in those rooms that we become completely blind to what we are doing and the mess that we have created. We look at all that stuff and it doesnt seem to effect us because its comfortable and we have learned to just live with all that stuff laying around and we continue to live out our lives manuvering around it. We come to a point where we see that the room is already messy so it wont matter much if we add a little more junk and the next thing we know little by little we have added so much stuff that now the place is a complete disaster. There is only so much space to put all that junk until eventually the room is busting at the seams and things start overflowing into other rooms or areas of our lives which bring us down. It begin consuming us and taking over our lives, it takes our freedom and we become a prisoner to the "stuff."

I know in my own life I have been to this point where I just kept inviting one negative thing after another into the rooms of my life until I came to a point of not even recognizing who I was or the mess that I had allowed to accumulate in my life. The awesome thing is however that God is so big and powerful that He is able to do some major spring cleaning in our hearts and lives to rid us of all that junk. The process of allowing Him to clean our hearts up isnt always easy though. In fact its painful and not fun at all. We have lived for so long in the mess that its scary to have it all removed and look at all that empty space and try to figure out what to do with it. After things are cleaned out we find ourselves in a predicament of either picking back up that old dirty stuff and placing it right back in the room or we can go out and search for new clean stuff to put in the room that will lift us up and encourage us.

It took the Lords hand in my life to wake me up and see that I needed to let go of the "stuff." I became aware that my life couldnt take one more thing to be added to that pile of junk and by doing that it allowed Him to bring in the big guns and haul all that junk away. Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a pure heart, oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Do you have a little bit of the hoarder personality in you somewhere?? Do you have so much junk in your life or heart that its hard to see past the clutter?? If so the Lord can do some major cleaning in your heart and life if you just allow Him to take over and rid your life of the mess. There's a song that says "Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts, let us not lift our souls to another." Let this song be the cry of your heart and allow the Lord to make you pure and clean before Him so that He can do some extraordinary things in your life. By removing the mess it allows God to work and move in ways that we can't even imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment