There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, August 19, 2011

Update your status here.....


I think I could spend hours writing about todays topic but I will try to tame the beast within me. Right now I have a love/hate realtionship with none other than Facebook. I wont go into all that mumbo jumbo but but it seems like they are constantly trying to tweak different sections of Facebook in hopes to make it "better."

One thing that I have noticed over the past week though is that at different times on the ride side of the page it will show your status update exactly one year ago. My status last year said "At Riverside going back into surgery for a few minor things but really feeling like things are going to get better." Wow, that is pretty heavy considering what a difficult time it was for us a year ago. In some cases this new feature of showing the past can be good because it can remind you of what God has brought you through and the growth that has taken place in your life over the past year. For us its a constant reminder in this case of how far God has brought us through such a major health crisis and His faithfulness through it all. Its almost as if Facebook is an online journal at times.

The downfall though can be that maybe you don't want to be reminded of the past, maybe the place you were in physical or emotionally a year ago wasnt a postive one. There are situations and things in my life that I have gone through or choices that I have made that seem almost so surreal that there are days where I have to pinch myself to make sure its really my life and those things are really apart of me. I am sure you can all relate and each one of you have had hurts or trials in your life that you would rather keep shoved away in a closed up box deep in your heart. Maybe in some cases you havent fully dealt with the things of the past or in other situations you have but its not something you want to be dangled in front of your face all the time or have pop up in glowing letters out of nowhere on your Facebook page as a reminder.

The amazing thing is that regardless of where you have been, what you have been through, how much you have messed up or how hurt you have been that may have been your lifes headlines a year ago but you can update your status and wear a new headline whenever you want because of the blood of Jesus. I don't deserve for my past to be erased and my failures and hurts to be washed away but thats exactly what choosing Jesus as part of your life means. Don't allow the things of the past keep you in the past, you can let go of wherever or whatever you have been through and allow Him to set a new path before you full of redemption. Romans 3:23-25 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith."

There have been situations that I was dealt that have caused me to be thrown into deep valleys of sorrow and pain and there have been situations that I chose that caused shame and guilt but I know that the Lord has set me free from those circumstances and set me free from my past, I never have to visit it again if I don't want to. The beautiful thing though that I am so passionate about is that in every situation and I mean some of the messiest, deepest pits ever, the Lord has not only helped me climb out but has used those scars for something amazing and has redeemed the worst of all situations in my life.

What would your status say a year ago. Are you in the same rut you were then or have you broken free from whatever was holding you hostage? Are you holding onto the pain of the past and staying captive to whats happened or where you have been, or are you allowing God to turn it into a beautiful story with an amazing update?

No comments:

Post a Comment