There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Faith that moves mountains.....

I am so thankful today for an amazing, beautiful, healthy, strong, talented little girl. I have shared "Macie moments" many times before but I never seem to be amazed the wisdom such a little soul can have. I may never dance with the grace that she does or be able to bend my body in ways that she can ever again for cheer moves but I guarantee if I could aspire after one asset she possesses its the audacious faith that she displays. With kids maybe some of it is lack of experience from lifes pain but alot of it is this uncanny ability to have hope that truly believes mountains can be moved through the faith of a mustard seed. Its trust, hope, grace and redemption shown stretched to all capability. Its never questioning or believing that God is bigger than anything in this entire world and can take pure brokeness and fix it. I dunno but to me thats beautiful and thats what faith is meant to be even though I often put it in a box.

Macie loves Polly Pocket Dolls and for anyone that even knows a little girl you are familiar with what I'm talking about. Actually Polly Pockets dolls have been around for years and I remember playing with them with my two sisters, although back then they were much smaller and made of hard plastic. One day Macie was playing with one of her Polly Dolls and trying to change her outfit when her hair came off. Its all rubber material so when it came off I mean she was bald. She first started laughing and then said the sweetest thing that will forever remain on my heart and she said "look mommy she looks like Chrissy." Macie has a friend Chrissy who is battling Leukemia right now and has lost most of her hair. Its been a month or so since this happened and she still has the Polly Doll sitting on her bedside table because she told me she wants to give that doll to her friend Chrissy so she doesnt feel sad and knows someone else can be like her. So that she knows she is never alone and its ok that her hair is gone :)

Its so simple but so amazing a lesson that my 6 year old reminded me. I figured when she said it was broken we would just throw it away and get a new one afterall its one of her favorites but instead to her she saw the beauty in the midst of the brokenness, she saw a use for something different a purpose that I missed. The Lord has shown me lately as I have shared before this overwhelming ability for brokenness because I know what the Lord has done with my mess. He has shown me time and time again how by His power and grace all things can be made new and used for a purpose. He has reminded me how thankful I am that when I was broken He never gave up on me but created a new purpose and design for my life.

Life may take us down some difficult paths or lead us through circumstances we didnt expect but God has the ability to always turn our brokenness into purpose and use every piece for His glory. I am thankful that my Macie gets it and instead of seeing the parts that are missing she sees the parts that can be used. Thank You Jesus for your redemption and always trading "beauty for ashes."

No comments:

Post a Comment