There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Sunday, February 12, 2012

Catch....

Lately I feel like I am playing a complicated game of catch with God and can't seem to get it right. You know when you try to play catch with a toddler and you tell them to be ready but when it comes to actually catching the ball its all about timing. They realize you are going to toss the ball their way but for them to really grasp the concept and get the timing of when to open their hands to receive the ball its complicated. That's how I feel right now. The Lord has been preparing me for the game of catch ahead but I constantly feel like I am fumbling with the circumstances He has before me and I can't quite grasp them fully. Somewhere in the process of getting my heart and mind ready and then actually connecting the dots to receive the challenge ahead I mix things up. Its as if the Lord is projecting a difficult journey for me ahead and I know the challenge but then I struggle with being confident enough in His coaching to fully accept the challenge. There is a quote I read tonight and its the prayer of my heart right now.

"Peace will never come until we have accepted in totality all that is involved in our suffering, even facing and accepting the fact that the sorrow that has struck us so suddenly may never be removed. Acceptance is taking from God's hand absolutely anything He chooses to give us, looking up into His face with love and trust."Margaret Clarkson

Is there a situation in your life right now you feel like the Lord is preparing your heart to receive? 

My prayer right now is this: Jesus, I love you and trust you. Even in the difficult circumstances of life I know you are good. I pray that you would continue to prepare my heart for the journey ahead, forgive my need for control and lack of openness to receive your challenges with acceptance. I surrender my will and believe You always, always, always work all things together for Your good. Break me of the hidden corners of my heart where my humanness gets in the way of your will. I place all the pieces of the puzzle in Your hands and accept the path ahead as coming from Your throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment