There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Sunday, March 4, 2012

Held.....


Tucking Macie into bed a few nights ago, through those sleepy blue eyes and quiet voice I hear “mommy will you play with my hair.” As I ran my fingers slowly through the silky strands of her coconut scented hair I could see the peace wash over her. There is something about that place of vulnerability where regardless of how busy her day was, just having me sit close to her and feeling my touch, my protection and my love sends calmness throughout her little body. As her little eyelids began to flutter she was taken away from the chaos into a place of rest. 

It had been a crazy day for me and that moment with my precious Macie was a reminder of Gods constant love, protection and embrace. In the moments where I need an escape from the world He is always there to hold me in His arms and send that moment of peace and calmness throughout my entire body, releasing every care, every burden, every ounce of pain and exhaustion and reminding me that I can rest safely in His midst. Psalm 91:1-4 “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. “Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” These verses paint such a beautiful picture in my head. When life’s chaos is blowing around you and beating harshness against your weakened body you can safely climb beneath the wings of an almighty God who surrounds you and sustains you. “This is what it means to be loved, how it feels when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive. This is what it means to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything fails we’d be held.” 

There are often moments, circumstances and trials we face in life that we can’t make sense of. I often wonder why I have to deal with such a difficult disease and face trial after trial. I am learning that when my strength is gone, when my mind is filled with fear, uncertainty and sorrow that there is always a God there to hold me. I am thankful tonight that I can rest in the strong arms of Christ and be held. I am thankful that when I need to get away from the chaos and find rest in my weariness that I can always count on a hiding place in His loving arms. 

Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.”

No comments:

Post a Comment