There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Olympic Gold....

I think I did it, I found my Olympic Sport. You know the one odd thing you can do and you think, "if only this were and Olympic Sport I would surely bring home the gold." Usually its something really odd and quirky like picking things up with your toes, balancing silverware on your forehead, or any other crazy bizarre thing normal everyday life has caused you to discover. Tonight going through our nightly bath/bedtime routine I once again mastered perfectly my "Olympic Sport" of tossing Macie's shoes down a flight of stairs making them land perfectly in the shoe pile at the bottom without hitting the wall on the way down. I know not so glamorous right, but seriously tonight when I did it I secretly cheered to myself and said "YES!!! you are so awesome" lol. What quirky Olympic Sport would you bring home a medal for? I may be made fun of for this silly talent and in fact my husband probably will laugh about it when its revealed out in the open but we all have them.

Life often gets so crazy and chaotic that we get caught up in doing alot of stuff instead of just doing a few things well. God has given each of us unique talents, gifts, strengths and weaknesses and wants nothing more than to nurture them and develop those gifts to be used the best way possible. As a parent something Scott and I have struggled with lately is with the activities Macie is involved in. It seems like we are running every night and honestly we are most. Between dance, cheerleading, caravan, cheer camp its crazy and we only have 1 child. Its a balance between picking the few things that she is really good at and focusing on them instead of spreading her energy out to alot of things that maybe isn't as good for her. Since she is only 6 and just figuring out her different strengths and passions its a crazy time and I think will slow down a bit when she finds "her sport, dance, activity, group."

Its my prayer as a parent that I would have the discernment to sit back and evaluate all the craziness and be able to decipher the difference between just doing something to do it or because its your heart and passion. I know even as an adult this is hard for me, I want to serve God and there are so many amazing things that I could be involved in or devote my time and energy too but just because I can do a bunch of different things at once that doesn't necessarily mean I should. I guess my point is that God wants nothing more than for us to find our "niche" to find the areas in ministry where He can use the gifts and abilities He has given you for the best thing possible. He has placed within each of us a passion and fire that if surrendered in His hands He can develop into the most amazing story ever. Even when we feel like our abilities are small and we will never be able to "win the gold with our talent" He can take little and doing something great. As a friend always says "is it a good thing or a God thing?" Its a challenge for me to not spread myself to thin and decide which things to say yes and which to say no. Its not about where I think I should serve because like my talent I think I should be a national shoe throwing champ but that isnt reasonable so instead its about where God things I will succeed the best with the abilities He has given me. Have you found where God wants you???

No comments:

Post a Comment