There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, February 3, 2012

Break me down Jesus....

The crack of the whip in mid air is a reminder of the reality that I need to be broken. Just when I think I have it all figured out and I know what I need to travel the journey ahead I am startled to realization that I need my Master to show me. People see it as seflish and unnecsseary but to Him its done in love and preparation. Its not meant to harm me in a way that breaks me down to less but only to rid me off myself and build me up to something bigger and obtain victories only His preparation can lead me too.

Growing up one of my favorite things to do was to ride horses. I wasn't good at it or knowledgeable about it I just liked to jump on and ride into an open field with freedom. There was this sense of letting go and allowing the horse to lead me because it always seemed like he knew the trail ahead, he didnt need me to tell him to watch out for a hole, stick or difficult spot on our journey but he knew. He knew enough based on the way that his master had broken him and was able to safely guide me with wisdom and clarity.

The Lord is  showing me lately in the simplest things of my continual need to be broken. My need to be startled to reality and left aware that unless I heed to his direction I will struggle with the path ahead. Its painful, its difficult, its confusing and a constant power struggle to take back the reigns and think I have it under control. In those moments where my selfishness takes over and the pain of His training sets in I am reminded by my masters voice "trust me, trust me." When I decide to continually give up my power to Him I will meet victory. Its a tough love mentality where although it hurts Him so much to break me down He knows that at the end of myself is His greatest blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment