There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, April 30, 2012

I hope you dance.....

Pink leotards, blue leotards, white tights, tan tights, hats, hair fluff, tap shoes, ballet shoes, lip gloss, hair spray, bobby pins right now I feel like I am swimming through a colorful river of dance accessories. The hooks on the back of every closet door in our house is decorated with 1 of the 4 outfits needed for Saturdays Recital. I could sing all the words to the routines for Monday nights classes, tell you exactly how long it takes to get to the studio from our house using multiple routes. I sport a Douce Dance Studio magnet on the back of my car and have a mound of tootsie rolls that have collected in the backseat from treats after rehearsal each week. Yes I'm a dance mom :)

Growing up I did everything but dance so this whole thing is foreign to me. I have to admit I am a little overwhelmed for Saturdays Recital, between changing outfits and hair to making sure our guests find their seats without any problems and helping Macie survive 3 shows on fast food and snacks without a meltdown I'm a little intimidated. I am a control freak and want everything to happen perfectly and I can assure you it most definitely wont.

Driving home from tonight's rehearsal though a wave of peace washed over me and reminded me that its not about the busyness of the week but the moment where I can sit back and see my precious, talented, beautiful daughter and be reminded of what a miracle and blessing she is. Its about the moment I see her little body dancing to music that she hears with her little diamond studed ears as the words pierce her heart and pour out through her motions. As the chaos of this week unfolds I pray that I would be reminded to take time to sit back and breathe in the beauty of the moment. I pray that my daughter and each dancer would feel beautiful and loved. It doesn't matter how talented you are, how long you have been dancing, how perfect your hair or make-up is but this show is every girl and boys show and they are all the stars in it. I'm laying down the need to be a control freak this week and stress over the small stuff. In the moments where a simple catastrophe seems like the world is falling apart I will surrender it to God and be reminded that its not about me, its not about the little stuff but the beauty of the dance....

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance


No comments:

Post a Comment