There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, April 23, 2012

You revive me...

One of the greatest things I love about God is that when my spirit is exhausted and my strength has been depleted I can always count on His power to breathe within me peace. The trials of this life and circumstances of today may rise against us but because of Jesus we will not be consumed or defeated.  Have you ever felt defeated? Whether it be a relationship, job situation, financial issue, addiction or even an emotional stronghold we have all been on the losing side. We have all played in a game and gave it our all only to still fall short of the victory.

There have been many moments over the past few months where I have felt a little defeated. Its a very frustrating and discouraging place to be when you give it your all and it still isn't ok, things still aren't fixed. I am learning that I am not a very patient person. When I want something done I want it done now, I don't like to wait for things I expect a solution to be quick and absolute. I actually chuckle as I type this because thats probably exactly the point God has been trying to break me of for 2 years but yet I still find msyelf struggling. There are circumstances in my life right now that I wish I could snap my fingers and they be fixed. I wish that I could find the right answers even if it took tremendous effort but I expect it to happen NOW.

I think God is showing me that there are moments in life that you can give it all you have and do all the "right" things but that doesn't mean the puzzle pieces will fit easily together. What it means is that maybe God is trying to rearrange the pieces because a different picture is what He has in mind for your life, an even better picture. I never imagined my life the way it is right now. We all have the pieces picked out and think we know where they should go but God has a way of mixing things up and in the midst of the chaos we find beauty and peace in the most amazing ways.The sorrow of today has shown me a new appreciation for the things of yesterday that I was missing all along.

As I left from visiting a friend last week who had surgery I was overtaken by the most fragrant scent of lilacs in a nearby bush outside the hospital. I can't help but smile because 3 years ago I would have hurried out the doors and on to the next thing in life but because of the chaos God has shown me a new glimpse on life and what it means to stop and truly smell the roses, to take in each moment and see the beauty in the simplest things in life. There will be storms ahead I am sure but what I know is that regardless of how hard I try and how much I may fall short He will always be there and thats a victory.

"My soul Lord is thirsty Only you can satisfy You're the well that never will run dry And I thank you for the blessing Of calling me your friend And in Your name I'm lifting up my hands. I'm alive im alive You breathe on me You revive me"

No comments:

Post a Comment