There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Derby Cars....


So tonight The Cameron Family competed in the pinewood Derby Competition at Church. After daddy and Macie spent time painting it yesterday, today Mommy and Macie added our diva flair ;) Accustomed with bling, “Macie” mod podge across the top and a peacock feather at the end it looked sweet!!! After time spent in daddy’s auto body garage and mommies decorating den we were ready to go. I would love to tell you we took home the gold but unfortunately our car was having an off week and was by far the slowest car throughout the whole event.

 Macie was having a great time cheering all the kids on and being encouraged by them as well, there was popcorn and a great time to chat with friends and let the kiddos doing something cool and different. Towards the middle of the race though Mr. Competitive daddy started getting a little antsy and tried to make a few adjustments on her car to make it go faster. I know he meant well and was just trying to be the jump in and fix things dad but for me it was a sit back and watch moment.

It was a moment that I was reminded we are all on this race. It’s a process and unlike the kid with the scale at the registration table weighing the cars to make sure they weren’t too heavy in life that weight and baggage is still there. Some may look all decorated and like they have it all together, some may be ambitious and focused and some may be lagging behind but regardless they are doing it. Lately I have felt like Macie’s poor Derby Car tonight, I give it all I got and somehow I keep falling behind. The lesson tonight for Macie wasn’t in winning it was about working together as a team to build the car, cheering on your friends and completing the race. This motivated me tonight that regardless of what place I am at on my journey I will never give up and I will never throw in the towel. If I had to answer as honestly as I possibly could what I think about my circumstances right now I would surely say “it stinks” but because I believe in the blood of Jesus and I believe in a God who sent His only son to die on the cross for my brokenness, sins, hurts, fears and sickness I will lay this battle at His feet and proclaim by His blood healing because I know He works all things together for my good. 

As a mother my deepest desire is for Macie to know how precious she is. I want her to always feel beautiful and to be strong and courageous through whatever comes her way. When this whole journey began 2 years ago I was very sick and it was enough for me to get through a day without crying countless times a day, I felt inadequate, physically ill, and just done and I will never forget a moment a moment walking up the steps with Macie and halfway up I just got so exhausted and had to stop and of course started crying  I looked down at her innocent face and said “I’m so sorry Macie” without even a pause she says “its ok mommy I know your doing the best you can.” I told Scott tonight though all the health battles and missed things I couldn’t do with her I just want her to know what it means to hold tight to the Lord and fight with everything in you. To never give up but always keep running the race He has set before you…..Thats what I want to show my Macie, perseverance

No comments:

Post a Comment