There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Building Walls.....


A few months ago Macie and I discovered a new hobby together. There is something surprisingly therapeutic about building castles, houses, flowers, cars, people and animals out of Legos. Red, yellow, green, blue, pink, black, round, square, big, little there are so many different parts and pieces to Legos now it’s crazy. I’m not sure what it is exactly but for some reason when I am helping Macie construct whatever it is we are building I get mesmerized and captivated by the blueprint laid before me. I like structure and things to be planned out and so with the new Legos they give you a book with numbers that coincide to the pieces you have and you basically follow the instructions until voila’ you have the most amazing tree house adorned in flowers, butterflies, windows and furniture, literally its fail proof and you feel like a world renowned architect. 

Although constructing castle walls from Legos is therapeutic there is an area of construction that I am learning lately I struggle with and is very destructive. The purpose of building up walls is to separate two things, to cause a division and to keep something out. Although I have come a long way I know that one area in my life I struggle with is by building up walls around my heart so I can keep people out and at times even God. In life we don’t have a master blueprint like Lego has created for us to follow, there is always room for error and instead of failing or being hurt it often seems easier to place a barrier up so that you don’t have to take the chance if you don’t let people in then you can’t be hurt. Maybe there is some logic to this idea but really one of the beautiful things about life is in letting go and letting God lead you to endless possibilities and have your eyes opened to lessons along the way. Honestly it terrifies me of the possibility that we may some day loose the directions to our Lego designs, what if I can never build anything as great, what if I forget? I allow the mere possibility of failure to build a wall before I even allow myself to step out and take a chance. 

“God wants to build His walls of protection around us, but as long as we are trying to do His job-as long as we are trying to protect ourselves-God doesn’t do it. As God’s children, we don’t have to labor to protect ourselves. We should place our faith in His protection. If we continue trying to do it ourselves, we may find that we are not protected at all. If we allow the Holy Spirit to tear down the wrong walls, then He can activate the protection of God that became available to us through salvation.” Joyce Meyer
 
By letting go and trusting solely in Christ it doesn’t mean that things will always go as planned, it doesn’t mean we will never be hurt or that failures will never happen but it does mean that we took our hands off the steering wheel and let Him drive regardless of where the road takes us. Are there areas in your life where you find yourself building walls to avoid being hurt? Submit those areas to Him and ask for wisdom, discernment and strength to make yourself vulnerable, unprotected and open to His plans for your life. Proclaim these words over your life "Jesus I declare that rejection has no power over me now because I know who I am in You. I know my worth. I know that my value is not in what someone else THINKS I am, but in what I KNOW I am!!!! I am accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6)."

No comments:

Post a Comment