There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, April 27, 2012

"Transfuse me with Your blood Jesus"

Somewhere over the past 6 weeks there was a major change within me. I came to a point where I felt completely wiped out physically, emotionally and spiritually and it seemed like regardless of what "I" tried to do I just couldn't get my rear in gear. I started getting in this "stinkin thinkin" mode and felt blah. Satan is very good when we are feeling a little off our game and knows exactly how to step in and shake things up. During my last hospital visit the Doctors discovered that my hemoglobin level was severely low, so low I needed a blood transfusion.

Now just to give you a little health lesson your hemoglobin level determines the amount of iron in your blood which is important for transporting oxygen to your body. When your levels are low you can become extremely exhausted and feel down and yucky. Now I had been in the hospital multiple times over the past few months but somewhere there was a major shift and this put me into the danger zone. Without blood work though I honestly wouldn't even have realized the culprit for my "funk." The awesome thing is that after the Doctors discovered my levels were low an ultimate fix came, a blood transfusion.

Now if you have never had a blood transfusion its a process, they don't just pick out a bag of blood and there you go. They have to draw blood work and find what blood type is compatible for you to receive. There is a whole crazy system to the madness of which blood type matches with who and who can donate to who or who can receive from who. There is however one blood type that is the universal donor and that is the blood type O negative.

Christ is a lot like the universal donor for our souls because regardless of what we are going through or how weary we are He can instantly transfuse us with His Holy Spirit. Regardless of where you have been, what you have done or what struggles you have He can fill you with His Spirit and transform you. Like me you may not even realize your in a "funk" but it just seems like nothing you try to do on your own, will change that except the intervention of a God that loves us more than we can imagine. In order for this transformation to take place though you have to come to a defining point where you realize your in desperate need to receive His blood and start the process of being filled up by Him. When you come to this point its amazing the freedom, renewal and rejuvenation you experience. Its amazing how good it feels to have the "right cleansing blood" within you to give you strength and power. Ephesians 1:7 (NIV) "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment