There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, April 24, 2012

His princess...

Over the past few years maybe because I have a daughter but astonishing the inner princess and girlie girl has unveiled itself within me more and more. Growing up I never considered myself as prissy but more simple. I loved jeans, sweats, t-shirts and tennis shoes but now I can't help but feel complete sporting dangle earrings and lip gloss almost faithfully each day. I just experienced my first pedicure a few weeks ago and I promise the sun stood still for a few moments :)

Looking back at pictures I realized that I have come a long way!!!!! I pride myself on my own unique style and visit my hair dresser every 4-6 weeks. The thing that has changed the most over the past 5 years or so was a passion within me to really care more about what I look like, not as a superficial flaunt but because its amazing how good you can feel when you invest time into yourself. I started feeling beautiful and ok with who I was on the inside because I had nurtured the outside. Regardless of whether you have always found pride in pampering your physical appearance or its just come naturally for you as a woman we all seek approval and beauty.

As we celebrate Nation Princess week I was instantly reminded of how even when I don't sport a worldly crown I am the princess of the most loving and gracious King. I am reminded that every ounce of my being is made of beauty and before I was even born perfection was already accomplished for my lifes purpose because it was God breathed. My prayer is that this week you would look at yourself and find beauty not because of what you are, what job you have, what size jeans you wear but because of who's you are, the princess of an Almighty King. I pray that little girls this week will feel value beyond anything they could ever imagine and beauty just for being them. A quote that has always stood out to me is that "its not always what people say but how you make them feel." This week cherish the women and girls around you and make them feel beautiful, valued, treasured and loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment