There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, September 19, 2011

Which God will you choose?

Yesterday evening we completed our first official week together as a group studying the book, "The Power of a Whisper." The discussions were amazing and inspiring to me, lots of food for thought for sure. The overall theme I got from yesterdays group was really how intimate is your relationship with God. Do you see all good things in life as "Whispers from God." When you feel the urge to help someone in need, to mow an elderly neighbors grass, to bake cookies for a family, carry groceries in for a single mom is that because a whisper from God or something else, maybe your conscience? This is something I struggle with because I want to believe that everything I hear is God's voice but is it really so? Do we hear God's voice in even the smallest things in life or is it just our desire to do good or be a good person? Afterall even non christian people do good things. After our discussion time I walked away feeling as if God truely can talk to us through all things and even the small situations. We read that every good and perfect thing comes from God so maybe even non christians that dont have a relationship with God can still do good because of Gods whisper but they just may not recognize it as being the voice of God. James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. "

We also talked about how often we praise God for things in our lives, do you praise Him for only the big things or do you find yourself saying thanks throughout your day for anything and everything. Going around the group it seemed as if each couple was on opposite sides of the fence in this. For me I praise God for everything, if I am making a recipe and happen to just barely have enough ingredients I say thank you Jesus, if I go to the store and get the perfect spot I say thank you Jesus, I am very much a visual person that looks beyond the obvious and tries to look deep within things. My husband Scott is a very awesome, loving christian man. He would do everything he possibly could to serve and offer himself for what God wants for him and our lives but he is not the, praise God for a parking spot kind of guy. He believes that things happen by more than coincidence but I dont think he would go as far as saying God planned things pefectly and set the timing up perfectly for me to have the perfect parking space. Where do you stand on this? Are you the kind of person that praises God for everything regardless of how small and insignificant may seem or are you more like my husband and thanks God for all things but doesnt consider the little thing as a "God thing?"

I guess I feel that if its something that has blessed my day, its something that has made my life easier even if its finding ingredients for a recipe then I am going to praise someone so it might as well be Jesus! Do you think people who believe life is full of everyday whispers from God hear more from Him or are some people just more aware of His voice and pay attention a little more? It interesting that the title of the book is "The Power of a Whisper" because sometimes when we  are trying to hear from God we have too much noise around us and just can't hear his voice. We think God is going to send a plane with a traling message across the sky aimed towards us but its just not like that. If we are open to quieting ourselves before Him we will hear His voice. I'm not sure if people who are intune with God more hear more from Him or are just more aware.

To sum it up we choose which God is apart of our lives. A God who reigns sovereign and sits high above us on the throne or a God who is knowable, accessible and sits at our sides. God wants to be apart of every aspect of our lives and how much are we willing to give Him? Are you willing to give Him all praise and allow His whispers to be the guide that carries you through life each day or are you ok with just hearing God in the big stuff or praising Him in the big stuff? Try and remove some of the distractions this week in your life and really listen for that still small voice of God, a God that wants to have an intimate love affair with you each day. A God that cares about every hurt, joy, fear, and dream. A God that is big and powerful but also loving an personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment