There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm hungry............

We had our third session as a Community Group last night studything the book "The Power of a Whisper." Its been a really awesome time each week that we can come together as a group, dig deep into what God is trying to reveal to us through the series, share our throughts together and lift each member of our group up in prayer. Life gets crazy, we all have busy schedules, kids to run here and there, meetings, comittments with our families or churches and sometimes its really hard to spend time with God. As Christ followers we recognize how extremely important it is to be in Gods word on a daily, commited basis. Proverbs 6:23 "For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life."

We have a daily battle in the Cameron household I'm sure most of you can relate to. Either because you have children, nieces or nephews, grandkids, babysitting kids or have ever known a kid in your life there is one phrase they like to say often. Sometimes I feel like someone is playing a cruel joke on me and hiding somewhere in my house laughing just to see my reaction when Macie says to me for the 20th time in a day "can I have a snack?"

First of all let me start out by saying yes I feed my child and yes we do give her snacks but I'm sorry when your holding a bag of candy hearts from February and asking if you can have a snack of course my answer is going to be a big NO! Macie is 6 and I know going through a growth spurt so I'm sure she is hungry pretty much non stop but my problem is when my hair is sticking straight up, I have morning breath, I would love to sleep 5 more minutes but yet she insists she is starving and needs breakfast only to take 2 bites walk away and ask for a snack 45 mins later, yes I have an issue with this. The battle doesnt stop at 11 a.m. though, no we do this cycle throughout the entire day following lunch, and dinner not to mention we have to make sure we have a snack before bed.

My sister was in town and got to see this first hand. We went out to dinner to celebrate a family members birthday and of course Macie wanted nothing to do with her "real food" but instead the ice cream machine she kept eyeing from across the room. I made a deal with her knowing the challenge and melt down I was in for later, that she could have ice cream but she was getting nothing else to eat the rest of the night. Well like clockwork we get home and start moving towards our bedtime routine when out of Macs mouth I hear "can I have a snack??" As calmly as I could knowing Mt. Everest would surely errupt throughout my 6 year olds body at my response I said "no." I explained the rationale as simplest as I could and needless to say she went to bed without a snack, but food for thought for sure.

This everyday cycle can be exhausting at times and eventually it will click for her but I wonder how frustrated God feels with us everyday. We constantly ask for him to bless us and give us snacks and treats but yet we don't take the time to sit down and truely be fed and noursished through His word. Phillipians 4:19 (amplified) "And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." As much as I want it to click in Macs head that a meal is so we can sit down and be filled up not through snacks, honestly I still have trouble with this lesson everyday myself. I go through my day seeing the handprint of God here and there but yet at the end of the day when Mac is in bed, I'm watching t.v. tired from chasing a 5 year old, medical chaos, bills, cleaning and whatever else my day has brought I do fail at times to sit down and instead open my bible and look to the Lord who can give me peace and help me to let go of that day and to look to the next with hope.

I am sure Macie really was more hungry when she woke up the next morning than usual because she didnt get a snack before bed but often we have days we wake up hungry also and can't figure out why? We can't seem to get why everything keeps going wrong in our day, its because we are empty and we havent been filled with His spirit to give us the strength to get through those moments and we are doing it on our own strength. Sure there are healthy snacks but they just aren't meant to fill us up. Snacks get us through the day in those times where we can't sit down and be filled up immediately but when we have the time to "eat" we need to allow Him to feed us. The point is we all like little treats to boost us throughout the day but if we want to be fed we need to make time to sit down and have a full course meal dining with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment