There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, September 12, 2011

The C word....

Its that time of year, actually its probably my favorite season of all, its Fall. The leaves will soon be changing, its time to break out the hoodies and sweats and I abosulutely love the warm colors of fall and smell of Apple cider and pumpkin pie candles burning throughout my house. Its one time in life where the big ugly scary C word doesnt scare me so much, yes I mean change. Change is something we all have to deal with, we can choose to battle it head on and go with the flow or we can resist the direction life is taking us and find ourselves caught in an intense battle. There have been times in my life where I resisted change kicking and screaming and others where I couldnt wait for a change. Maybe your in a good place you feel in your life and then the Lord calls you to make some changes, big or small. Or maybe you are in a rough spot in life and you are desperate for change, a new direction a fresh perspective.

There have been many changes in our household over the past month or so. Its been difficult adjusting for all of us but little miss Macie has had it the hardest by far. With starting kindergarten, soccer, dance, a new class at church its just all happening so quickly and all at once its hard for her to keep her balance it seems. We have had some rough mornings over the past few weeks where she just didnt want to go to school and would be in tears every morning as I dropped her off. But when I returned 6 hours later she would be all smiles and full of excitment sharing about her day and how much fun she had. I don't think its necessarily school she doesnt like because she says "its fun" but I think its just the change of it all and newness of what her life is like now. Its going from a schedule she was used to and comfortable with to something different and unknown. Each day she does something new and is experiencing many firsts right now and that can be scary. Even as adults we can all feel overwhelmed and afraid at times because of changes in our lives. Maybe we dont know all the details but just feel like its where God wants us to go in something. Maybe its a job, a realationship, a new house, a new city it can be scary. It may take an act of faith alone and trusting that God who loves us more than we can imagine knows more than we do and wants nothing but the best for us so all we can do is be obedient. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

A friend had a quote posted today and it said this "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell. This quote is perfect because regardless of how much we resist change things are going to happen in life that require us to move from where we are at to somewhere else. We can resist that change and allow ourselves to be held into the past or we can grab hold of whats ahead and choose to grow and learn from it. By trusting in the Lord and giving our hearts and every part of our lives to Him we can trust that we have a firm foundation and even when life shifts and changes we can remain comforted in His arms. Change is hard but with Christ we can be content regardless of what our circumstances are around us. "We need inner strength to keep from being overwhelmed by outward circumstances. We must allow God to gather up our fragmented dreams and mold us into the image of Christ. To do that, He may have to crush the few pieces we have left into fine clay, water us with His word, reshape our lumpy mass of leftovers, and put us back on His potter's wheel." Joyce Meyer

When we feel like the world is breaking beneath our feet God can uphold us with His hand and allow us to not be moved. When devestation hits around us we can still praise Him because He is still the God now in the midst of heartache that He was before. Psalms 18:2-3 says: The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, [who is worthy] to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.Life isnt always about how we are going to adjust to whats around us but being merely content in Christ so that our circumstances will not cause us to move. Change is never easy for anyone but its a time for us to step out and trust God with the unknown in our lives. Regardless of how scary and how little details we have we can rest assured that God has plans to prosper us and not to harm us and if its coming from Him then we can find comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment