There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, September 23, 2011

I NEED YOU JESUS!!!!!!!

As I shared yesterday I am blown away each day by Gods faithfulness. I am reminded more times in one day than I can possibly count how much I need God in my life. There are times and seasons in life where it seems like we just can't get enough. Our hearts are breaking and we need only His strength to sustain us through every moment of the day. We go through periods where literally we are empty and it takes the grace and strength of God for us to take one step at a time, one day at a time and one battle at a time. I know many people around me are in a difficult season of life right now. You feel like God has left you and the things around you make no sense and seem to have no rhyme or reason.

Its always so frustrating to me to visually understand Gods hand in our lives sometimes. If your sick you go to the doctors, they run a few tests, find the problem and fix it. Its not at easy with our hearts. When our hearts are broken and in need of repair all we can do is lay it at the feet of the cross and ask for Gods strength and widsom to reveal what needs fixed and restored. I am a person that loves to decorate my house, I love to decorate even more for the different seasons. There is just something new and exciting about getting out my fall pumpkins, or gingerbread men for Christmas. I think some of that is we get bored with seasons. We feel like we have been stuck in a season for so long we are ready for a change of scenery, we are ready for a new season in our life. Although I can't stand snow or extreme heat I usually do ok with the change of seasons in Ohio because its so temporary and we can do anything for a little period of time.

Life is alot like this, we find ourselves in a season whether it be a happy time or a dark, cold lonely one and at first we feel like we have the strength and the stamina to give it all we got and fight with everything we have. Then somewhere along the way it gets old, our hearts become tired, our energy runs out and we need a change. We need the Lord to step in and heal us from our brokenness so we can be renewed by His Spirit and move to a new season. I love post it notes its actually one of my favorite ways to decorate. Its not merely for the look but for what it means to me though. I go through seasons where I really need to be reminded consistently of the Lords presence and truths in my life and so I will place post it notes everywhere around my house. Maybe its a scripture verse or just a positive thought that I need to use as armor against Satans schemes and post it notes are helpful to me. Its funny because when my husband comes home from work or back from somewhere and sees the house decorated in post it notes he knows something is up. It doesnt mean, I'm stronger, I'm more spiritual, it doesnt me i'm a better christian, it doesnt mean i spend every moment in my bible, it means I need Jesus more and I am weaker and in desperate need of the Lords truth in that season of my life more than ever!!!!

I just encourage you that whatever your going through right now, just reach out to the one who cares so much for you. He cares about every detail of your life regardless of how big or small it may seem.
"Faith is unutterable trust in God, trust which never dreams that He will not stand by us." Oswald Chambers. He cares about every season you are going through and knows when you need a change, He knows when you need His healing and His restoration and renewal. I am so thankful that we serve a God who can carry us through the seasons life throws our way and sustain us through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment