There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, September 5, 2011

The last cookie.....

 There is the cutest commercial out right now maybe you have seen a time or two. I have written about commercials before but there is just something about them that catches my attention. Commercials are made to make a quick lasting impression on you so that it will be embedded in your mind and you will remember it next time you go to purchase that type of product or service. This particular commercial is for Keebler Fudge Striped Cookies. It shows two kids in the kitchen maybe coming home from school and they go to grab a cookie but there is only one. The bigger girl of the two thinks for a moment then gives the cookie to the second girl. Mysteriously though when she looks back another cookie has appeared. You then see "Keebler Elves" in the background working diligently to provide the cookies when a need appears.

I'm not a huge fan of cookies or sweet stuff but God has definitely played a much much bigger version of the "Keebler Elves" in our lives over the years. I can't tell you how many times in life God has provided when it seems like we have "run" out. Financially, physically, emotionally His hand in our lives has always been faithful. Over the past year and a half there have been some pretty low moments in my life where physically and emotionally I was "done." I had not one more ounce of strength left in my humaness but God always revealed to me something, even the slightest hint of hope and thats all I needed to sustain me in that moment. It doesnt have to be a huge plane in the sky with smoke and lights but just something little that you can find as a blessing and glimpse of hope. Marybeth Chapman says in her booking "Choosing to See, Some people might see little things in life as coincidences, no big deal. But to us, these small signs were like a little trail of bread crumbs on a shadowed path, showing us the way to walk."

When Scott and I got married I really struggled with the idea of tithing. It wasnt something I was familiar with and when you are struggling paycheck to paycheck and the amount you should give as a tithe equals your electric bill its hard to lay it over, not holding anything back and say "ok Lord this is yours." But I could tell you story after story of ways that the Lord provided, mind blowing, "God bumps" stories. Its not about what you give so much as the attitudes of your heart in giving and knowing that as you give you are entrusting God with that part of your life and handing over control. Its truely about surrendering every aspect of your life. This is the case with all areas whether it be relationships, health, finances, or jobs God cares about each of these and wants you to give them over so He can pick them up and transform them into something amazing by His power. Matthew 6:26 (AMP) "Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?"

The attitude of the little girl in the cookie commercial is priceless. You can tell she struggles at first and think about giving the cookie away knowing its the only one but when she turns around and sees that another has been provided her little eyes light up. God wants to put that twinkle in our eyes. He wants to show us how powerful He is and how much He cares about our lives, so much that He can provide for us in an instant, even when we cant begin to see the pieces fit together He has already started orchestrating them ahead of us.

1 Peter 5:7 "Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." Regardless of the circumstance, the lack of supplies or how irrational a situation seems ahead God is still bigger than your circumstances and can provide in ways that you can't even imagine. Remember the story of the fish and loaves of bread. Jesus takes 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread and feeds 5,000. Now that is an amazing story of the power of Christ and how little our offering may be but with faith all things are possible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment