There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, June 1, 2012

Your Love......

I have been thinking alot lately about the true colors of our heart and how that overflows onto others and represents the love of Jesus. God has called us to be vessels for Him and sometimes its a painful process to act in love based on God's definition and not our human definition. God has demonstrated unconditional love to us and its our responsibility to show that same kind of love to others regardless of their actions or decisions. There will be things other do that we may not agree with, there will be people that treat you not very nice at times but instead of reacting to their negaitivty we must offer grace and show unconditional love. I have thought many times over the past few weeks that regardless of others actions I am only held accountable for mine and my reactions to them. Each day is an opportunity to show love and Christ in everything we do and although it can be difficult we must lay our selfishness down and offer our lives to Him as vessels for whatever He chooses to do in and through us. A Song I heard on the radio this week says this:

If I sing but don't have love
I waste my breath with every song
I bring an empty voice, a hollow noise
If I speak with a silver tongue
Convince a crowd but don't have love
I leave a bitter taste with every word I say

So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love

I read this today from a friends page and wanted to share...

When God calls you to something, it doesn’t automatically mean you are ready to handle it. Our Father of good wisdom wants to prepare us for every task for which He has anointed us. Most of the time we want to run ahead or lag behind. In either case, God wants to be the one who molds you into a stable vessel of light. This way, you won’t find yourself in a ditch during the fight of faith! I have always had big dreams for God, but I have had to realize that to handle big things means big changes and big preparation. In the Scripture above, we find four things God wants to do in your life so you can handle His glory: God wants to perfect (mature you), establish (point you in one direction), strengthen (strong in knowledge and power), and settle (make a strong foundation) YOU. Let Him do it and you will be a strong and stable Christian that He can powerfully use!

Prayer:

Father, today I give You the liberty to do all that is needed so I can walk in Your anointing. You have the full right to mold me for handling the power of Your Spirit. Let me see things the way You see them and I ask that You will help me to walk perfectly in Your timing. Show me what I should do and not do today. Holy Spirit, be my teacher and helper. I release to You today all control and I say that my flesh submits to the will of God for me. I believe that You open and close doors and show me what tasks are ordained of You. Lord, I rest in You as You make me Your anointed vessel of honor and light! In Jesus’ Name, AMEN.


"If I can speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but I don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I can speak God's word with power, revealing all His mysteries and making everything as plain as day and if I say to a mountain jump and it jumps but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give all I own to the poor or I even go to the stake burned as a martyr but don't have love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what we say, no matter what we believe, no matter what we do, we're bankrupt without love." 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment