There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jesus take the wheel........

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency]. As I replay the photos of brush covered woods with rocks and water lurking below I shake my head in total disbelief. No human rational or explanation can cover the outcome of 3 weeks ago and the pure miracle that unfolded before our eyes. Its amazing how a split second can change your life forever, whether it be physically or emotionally its a moment in time that will forever shape who we are and the path that life will take before us. I know for me it was 2 1/2 years ago when I had emergency surgery, it was an unexpected turn in my journey that lead me to a very different path today than I picked out for my life. 

3 1/2 weeks ago today friends of ours experienced this very same earth shattering turn in their lives when they were involved in a serious motorcycle accident. Today I saw the pictures for the first time of the motorcycle and the accident site. After serious injuries, pain, frustrations and many prayers its amazing to see how great Tom and Suzanne are doing. We all laugh and call Tom "titanium Tom" because of his strength but Suzanne has quickly taken on the name also. She is one of the strongest people I know, maybe its strong willed or stubborn but she never stops fighting ;) The pictures of the accident site are absolutely amazing, there are so many trees, sticks and brush that literally you would never imagine traveling through it and to think of what they went through its a miracle. Suzanne said today "literally it was like Jesus took the wheel" to travel as far as they did and stay upright through such harsh path no amount of human strength or capability could have sustained them, I believe the Lord was watching out for them that day. 

They both have a long journey ahead of them still but I believe that the same God who brought them this far will continue to hold them upright and sustain them in the road ahead. Talking to my beautiful friend today I was humbled and reminded that in the moments that I would like to throw a pity party for myself there is always someone struggling with an even more difficult hand of cards than myself. Whether it be and unexpected crisis like I went through 2 1/2 years ago or an accident like Tom and Suzanne experienced that nobody could have predicted, God was there. In the moments of tears, pain, frustrations and questions God was there and in the journey ahead where we can't see the path and it looks impossible, like the accident site God will hold us upright and be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment