There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, June 18, 2012

Scooped up in His arms.....

Dripping from head to toe with my hair matted to one side of my face my body awkwardly tried to recover a not so pretty landing from going overboard and ending up piled on the shower flower with my Macie. It all happened so quickly I could hardly even think straight. The IV port dressing that "must" be kept dry was now damp because in the midst of the turmoil I didn't have time to keep protecting it, I didn't have minutes to think ahead or make a plan but instead all rational thinking went out the window when I heard my baby slip getting into the shower and cry in pain. Instead of sitting by calmly to pick up the pieces and bandage the boo boo's at the first sign of an emanate crash and cry I found myself flying over the edge trying to get to my baby. I couldn't grab a hold of her slippery little soap covered arms fast enough to scoop her in my arms and comfort her.

For two years I haven't been able to pick my baby up and carry her or lift her at all because of health limitations and besides she is half my weight now but in that moment where all I could hear was her cry and see the scared, confused look on her face my heart took over for my brain and I threw myself at the cost of comforting my baby. It didn't have anything to do with superhero powers, first aid skills or mommy tricks but instead stemmed from a moment of panic seeing my baby hurt and only thinking to myself "i have to get to her." Ultimately she is fine, she has a few little bruises but nothing big. What I started thinking about though is how panic stricken, sick, scared and heartbroken God must feel when He sees His children whom He loves so much slipping and falling. He can see the disaster ahead but can't get to us quick enough to scoop us up in His arms and comfort us. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.

I am thankful for a Father that when I slip He is there to grab a hold of me quickly and console me. I am thankful for a God that although things can be messy He still jumps right in the midst of the battle with me to hold onto my tired, confused, hurting body. I am thankful for a God who loves me with such abandonment that He sacrificed every ounce of rational thinking to rescue me His daughter in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment