There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Taking down the clutter......

Although I am weary I also feel refreshed. Sometimes there are situations in your life that cause you to go through a period of purging things, situations or people from your life and although its exhausting the end result is freeing. Over the past week and a half or so a series of events have caused our house to go through this very concept of purging the clutter from our lives. It wasn't as if you turned on the T.V. to TLC and the show Hoarders was on you might see our house on there but our house certainly had accumulated lots of unnecessary "stuff" over the past 4 years we have lived here.
On the outside the walls within were hidden and the piles of stuff were unknown and although I daily keep things picked up there is definitely a difference between being tidy and really organized and clean. Nobody else noticed that it was unorganized and my friends would always say I was crazy when I told them my house was a mess but when it came down to it just simple things became a hassle such as finding the paperclips, or maybe an umbrella, or an important paper....it was like playing a game of russian roulette to see which pile the item in demand was in. We had box's and box's of medical supplies that weren't even apart of my treatment plan anymore but yet they were still lingering around. Needless to say we came to a point where enough was enough and the task of cleaning our house from top to bottom and removing the clutter began. It took us a good week to do little things to prepare but last weekend our daughter Macie went at my in-laws for the weekend and my husband and I literally cleaned for hours and hours. There wasn't a time where we were in bed before 3:00 a.m. for the past 3 nights, then we would be up early around 7:30 to start again. 
 The whole process was extremely difficult, we are physically exhausted and emotionally exhausted. We got rid of a lot of our belongings because we were so desperate to remove the junk from our lives and start fresh and renewed.We threw away Macies baby clothes, my nursing scrubs and maternity clothes, stuff Scott and I both had in Tupperware bins that were memories from the years of us growing up. It was an emotional roller coaster but at the end of it all we feel organized, free, clean and transparent. There are no surprises, everything has a designated spot no searching through or covering up the clutter its done. 
During this purging time I started thinking about a specific situation from my past that I feel the Holy Spirit has been prompting me to evaluate things and clean some of the clutter out of my heart and purge those things that have held me back from growing more and more in my relationship with Christ. There are things from my past and hurts that I have gone through that I have held onto bits and pieces and instead of just sorting through them and throwing them out they linger as constant little reminders within the drawers of my heart. You can continue to live each day making those drawers tidy but the "stuff" within is still there, still collecting dust and holding you back from the freedom that God intended. The past is a reminder of where we have been and what we have been through but have you filled up a rolling suitcase with unnecessary "stuff" and continue to drag it with you into the future? If you feel like its time to do some deep cleaning within your heart  then get ready for the challenge. It wont be easy, it will be exhausting and emotionally draining but the freedom you will feel will be worth it I promise. You will feel proud, accomplished and a weight will be lifted from you with all that clutter and "stuff" gone and the barrier that Satan has tried to use to cause a barrier between you and Christ will be gone!!!
Close your eyes for a second, what areas in your life is there unnecessary clutter or stuff? Maybe its finances, housework, a relationship, whatever it is I just encourage you to submit that area of clutter to the Lord and decide what your going to do about it. Make a plan and ask for the Lords wisdom and favor to be over you as you begin the difficult process of purging the painful, mess. Although you may be a pro at keeping things together and tidy if you are carrying something within your heart that's difficult the piles and piles will continue to grow until you can't hide it under the bed or in the closet of your heart anymore you will come to a point where you have to face it and purge it because the drawers will no longer close and eventually the piles will topple over and effect other areas of your life. Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a pure heart, oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Its incredibly freeing and encouraging to let go of the past and move forward with confidence that whatever was within those piles of mess, they are gone forever and never have to return Like our house it feels good now to be organized but its going to take even more work to keep it that way and to not allow stuff to be brought in and build piles of clutter. The same goes for your heart its your job with the Lords help to keep the clutter out and to fight with everything in you against the enemy when he tries to convince you to hang on to the baggage and let the piles grow.
"God desires to completely renew our thinking and change our habits. It's a process that takes time. God is not expecting totally unblemished earthly perfection. His Son alone filled that requirement. He is looking for hearts in constant pursuit of Him and His righteousness. Long-term victory results from many short-term victories that finally collide, forming new habits."Beth Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment