There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Sunday, June 17, 2012

I am strong I am a survivor....

I am so thankful today for what a purposeful, loving, gracious and patient God we serve. Even before my soul can digest the meaning behind the journey my God already knows. I even have moments where I think I am ahead of the game and I got things figured out and then once again I am humbled before an omnipotent Savior who is ever so patient with me.

Of all the Bible stories that have impressed upon my heart over the years and the ones now that magically come to life before my precious Macie's eyes, the story of Gods faithfulness that has unfolded in our lives over the past few years will forever shape who we are. In the moments where we felt exhausted, discouraged, broken and confused God has always met us right in that vulnerable place of surrender and held us close. I have been humbled by the biggest cheering section, prayer warriors, friends and family I could ever imagine. Not just people that say they are praying but who have been on their knees in tears with me, people who have sat at my hospital bed and offered encouragement and hope, people that have loved me when I wasn't lovable and kept believing in me when I didnt want to believe in myself.



As Team Cameron joined together this past Saturday for the Crohn's and Colitis Walk I felt beyond blessed and humbled once again. It was an exhausting week, honestly I didnt know if physically or emotionally I could make it through the walk. I felt tired, discouraged, sick and drained but God spoke to my heart in the midst of the meltdowns and reminded me of the verse that I had had chosen for the back of our shirts "let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus."

I felt as if He was saying to me that all along He put that verse on my heart for a reason, the reason being that very moment of exhaustion. That moment where I would need to be reminded that I had a team counting on me to show up. If I was going to be our team leader and I was going to wear a shirt that read "I am strong I am a survivor" that  I had to dig deep within myself past my own capabilities and strength for a team that was depending on me and had put forth their strength, commitment, hearts and souls to support my journey. I didnt have to look pretty, have it all together or finish the race first but I just needed to show up and show them that I was still fighting and that "I am strong I am a survivor."So thank you to Team Cameron for all of your hard work, support, love and dedication. In the moments of exhaustion and discouragement your faces have given me the strength to push forward....I am blessed, YAY TEAM WE DID IT!!!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment