There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Saturday, June 2, 2012

Surrender....

Physically I'm beyond exhausted, mentally I'm drained, but tonight my heart is renewed because the unfailing love and faithfulness of Christ. I don't understand why things happen in life like they do. All I can do tonight is shake my head in disbelief because of my frustration but also disbelief because even when the chaos continues He is still faithful. When we put our trust in Jesus the enemy will work even harder to try and defeat us. When we are representing Jesus and standing for the cause of showing others His love and grace this causes Satan to tremble. When Satan feels threatened he lashes back and attacks us even harder. Life is crazy, unpredictable and exhausting and there is no way I can do it on my own strength. There is a point though when all we can do is raise our white flag and surrender. Surrender our tired, worn out, discouraged, broken selves to Christ and allow Him to rescue us from the trenches of our circumstances. This week we have been reminded that although we are weary He is there. Although we are discouraged, He is there. Although we don't have all the answers, He is there and when my strength runs out I can raise my white flag and completely surrender because He is there!

May this be the prayer that resonates within each of our hearts. "Lord, I give thanks to You in all things because I know that You reign in the midst of them. I know that when I pass through the waters, You will be with me and the river will not flow over me. When I walk through the fire, I will not be burned. Nor will the flame touch me (Isaiah 43:1-2). That's because You are a good God and have sent Your Holy Spirit to be my Comforter and Helper in the midst of the difficult times. Lord, I wait for you today. I put my hope in Your word and ask that You would fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit and wash away all anxiety or doubt. Shine Your light into any dark corner of my soul that needs to be exposed. I don't want my impatience or lack of trust to stand in the way of all You desire to do in my life at this time. I realize that no matter how difficult life gets, as long as I cling to You I am moving forward on the path you have for me. Help me to wait on You and not grow impatient with my circumstances simply because my timetable does not coincide with Yours. Help me to understand Your ways and not give in to discouragement. Strengthen my faith to depend on Your perfect timing for my life. Help me to rest in You and be content with where I am right now. At the same time, I ask you to heal, restore, redeem, transform, and bring new life to my situation. Teach me what I need to learn and help me get beyond this time successfully so I can rise above the storm to Your place of perfect peace. Amen" Stormie Omartian

No comments:

Post a Comment