There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Honest.....

My Facebook rant. Ok so I am gonna do it, i'm gonna go to the topic everyone has an opinion about but  we often dance around the issue. I realize the entire world doesn't use Facebook but it has become a huge part of how we interact. Yes this is unfortunate and many would agree its taken away face to face contact and placed a barrier between relationships. We all agree people will often post about their lives on Facebook before even telling people closest to them first. I have done this and I am sure most people would raise their hands that they have been guilty of it. What bothers me is how much people take to heart Facebook. If someone posts a status and you question if they are talking about you without directly saying it then you need to evaluate whether you fit into the blank? If people post stuff that is negative and brings you down, uses language you dont agree with or puts down people in a way you don't like then delete them or don't get on Facebook. So many people blame stuff on Facebook and honestly Facebook can fuel negativity but its not the root of it. I have fallen into times where I allowed peoples statuses or posts to drag me down mentally and I had to realize just because they posted something negative I didnt have to allow myself to be effected by it.

I try to post status updates or things that are uplifting and if people don't like my post they are welcome to delete me. If people don't agree with what I stand for they are welcome to disagree just as I am to them. Your Facebook page is just that, YOURS. Nobody is forced to read or be friends with anyone and just the same you can choose if you continually feed into the negativity and drama or not. Like anything in life there can be a negative reason or positive one and we all have to make the choice which one to choose. I also don't like when people are judgemental and say "did you see someones picture on fb and they were doing this or that." Or also when people are astounded when they see things on fb that they don't agree with and they think the person shouldnt post stuff so publicly. Seriously? regardless of whether the person posts pictures or not they are still doing whatever people don't agree with and regardless of whether its hidden or public there is an unlerlying issue. Its not anyones right to tell me what I need to do or not do.

I guess to sum it up Facebook isnt the root of all evil. Anger isn't the root of all evil, money, fear, its the way you react. If you worship Facebook and use it to control you or to do negative harmful things than yes its an issue but Facebook like any other thing in itself doesnt have to be evil. Next your Facebook page is yours and you can choose who to be apart of it and whos you are apart of as well. You can choose to allow negative status updates bring you down or positive ones to lift you up. You can post and be real on Facebook or you can be fake but regardless of what you put out there God knows who you really are and you know what you really represent. Just by leaving pictures off Facebook of things you don't want others to see it doesnt make the issue not real or go away. I heard a quote that said this "Appearance is what you show people about yourself but character is the person you really are." Something to think about, lighten up, take it for what its worth and remember we all survived before it was around and in years ahead we will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment