There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, January 30, 2012

Journey ahead....

Normally I share whats on my heart and the things that God is showing but I figured because friends have asked I would give a little update on the health front. This Thursday and the following Tuesday we have appointments at Cleveland with the Colo-rectal and Transplant/Intestinal Rehab Surgeons. We are waiting to get some direction with surgery and a possible long term fix. The discussion now is a possible intestinal transplant which would result in major healing and restoration!!! The process though like any other transplant is long and a continual battle forever to not reject the new organ. The surgery is very detailed and involved and could be a long, few months hospital stay.

As with any surgery or health issue its not exciting or welcomed but I really feel the Lord is giving us a peace about whats ahead and has been preparing us for this for a long time. Its the same as if your training to run a marathon, you don't go from running 1 mile to over 26 in a week, its a long process of training and preparing physically and mentally for the journey. I was diagnosed with Crohns at age 9 and have had numerous major surgeries and treatments so physically we have gone through the training and each battle has gotten harder and taken more strength and perseverance. We don't know the details or what 2 months or 1 year from now will look like but trust that regardless He will be there. I don't doubt the physical ability a marathon must take but even more so I think its a mental game. Its a matter of going outside of what you feel is within your human capability and focusing on the goal ahead, its about mentally, emotionally, spiritually surrendering to the prize and knowing if you push yourself you can make it through.

We are trusting God now for the race ahead in our lives and believe that to Him none of this is a surprise. He has been preparing our hearts, bodies and emotions for this race and will give us the strength to continue on each step of the road ahead. We thank each and every one of you for your continued prayers, encouragement and love and can't imagine doing this battle without all of you. With Jesus we are ready: Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment