There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, January 13, 2012

"I will praise"

One of my all time favorite words in the English Dictionary is the word oxymoron. I really don't love grammar and am terrible at it too :) Oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms. So for example "living dead" or "original copy." Its basically two words put together but have complete opposite meanings. I was thinking about how "heaven and hell" are exact opposites. One the Bible tells us is eternal torture and pain and the other pure glory and joy. There is a reason I think they are so different and on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum, there is no mixing things up or kind of choosing one or the other but either you take path a or path b. Even in our lives everyday we struggle with which path to take, path A or path B. The biggest battle I struggle with is in my thinking. God intends for my thoughts to be pure, holy and focused on Him. He intends my thoughts to be positive and uplifting. However, Satan wants my thoughts to be controlled by negativity, lies, destruction, pain and fear. I heard a Pastor once say you can't be complaining and praising at the same time. Do you think there is truth to that? I do because if I'm giving my energy and focus to the negative in the situation I am not allowing Gods goodness to show. If I am praising and finding the good in something then Satan has to flee and has no authority.

Over the past few weeks I have really had a difficult time with my thoughts. I have allowed myself to get into the "stinkin thinkin" mode a time or two which has caused nothing but panic and destruction of my attitude and thoughts. 2 Peter 2:19 "A man is a slave to whatever has mastered him."Satan loves for us to get into that mindset because He will then use those vulnerable moments to twist our thoughts and emotions around throwing us into a pit of confusion. If you are in a pit of confusion you are not trusting in Gods plans. The very first story we read in the Bible is about Adam and Eve and how because of Satans lies he was able to twist Eves thoughts and cause deception. "Satan deceived Eve through a clever combination of outright lies, half-truths, and falsehoods disguised as truth. He began by planting seeds of doubt in her mind about what God had actually said. Next he led her to be careless with the words of God and to suggest that God had said something that, in fact, He had not said. God had said, "Do no eat the fruit of the tree." However, Eve quoted God as saying, You must not touch it. Satan deceived Eve by causing her to question the goodness, love and motives of God. "Did God really say, You must not eat from any tree in the garden?" he asked. The implication was; "Has God put restrictions on your freedom? Sounds like He doesn't want you to be happy." Sounds crazy huh but how true is it???

What situation can you bring to mind where it started as a simple thought until Satan had deceived you with lie after lie and the next thing you knew it had snowballed to this huge elaborate event that placed you into bondage? "Satan deceived Eve by causing her to make her decision based on what she could see and on what her emotions and her reason told her to be right, even when it was contrary to what God had already told the couple. What I am learning though is that instead of allowing my thoughts to throw me into that pit I can take them captive as soon as they enter my mind and turn them around and put them through Gods filter instead. This helps me distinguish between what is real, what is true and what is holy. It helps find the positive even in the negative and allows us to redirect the negative in a way that is praising instead of complaining. For instance I could get into the negative mode of complaining because of all the health stuff I have to deal with. I could look at the box's and box's of supplies scattered throughout my house, the I.V. bags taking up my fridge space and think to myself "man this isn't fair this is not how life should be, blah blah blah" however instead I need to take that thought captive immediately when it tries to sneak its way into my mind and decide I am not going to allow Satan to have one ounce of my joy, I am not going to allow him to deceive my heart, my emotions or my mind.  so instead I will rejoice in saying "thank you Jesus that these medical supplies allow me to be home with my family."

This whole concept was derived off of my post yesterday. I posted about things that make me smile, things that could make me frustrated and upset, instead I will see the beauty in them. My house is a mess yes but the messes symbolize the living and journey taking place within our family. The electric bill came yesterday yuck, but thank you Jesus because we have heat on this cold, snowy winter day. I just encourage you to evaluate your thoughts daily and stand guard because Satan  will try anything to decieve, kill and destory. If he is causing doubt, fear, anger, turmoil and uneasiness in your heart then he is taking away your focus from praising God and seeing the joy in each situation. "Satan promises the best, but pays with the worst; he promises honor, and pays with disgrace; he promises pleasure, and pays with pain; he promises profit, and pays with loss; he promises life, and pays with death." God however promises joy, blessings, safety, comfort and peace. 1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen no ear has heard, no mind can imagine the plans that God has for those who love Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment