There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Sunday, January 8, 2012

Prayer Warrior.....

Today was a crazy busy day. Sundays are often our busiest days of the week but its a good busyness. Tonight was the first Sunday we started meeting together again with our community group from church since Christmas. Community groups are designed as a group of people that can come together weekly and learn from Gods word, and spend time lifting each other up in prayer and in encouragement.

Community groups were something I struggled with initially a few years ago but soon realized it was my lack of commitment and devotion that was placing a barrier. Once I decided to make the commitment and put effort into not just going to group each week but actually being apart of the group I have been blown away by the blessings the Lord has revealed. Friendships are growing, hearts are transforming, lives are being changed and faith nourished. The most amazing thing about our group that I have come to love is that we are all such ordinary people with the biggest hearts for Jesus and to serve others. We admit our flaws and brokenness before each other and strive to grow and be more like Him as individuals and a group. We really stretch and push each other at times by discussions and topics and we continually work together to unveil Gods truth and the commands He has for our lives and our families.

Tonight at group our leader asked us all a question, "what do you want to do this year in your spiritual life?" Not the normal New Years resolution like loose weight, exercise, eat healthy, use a budget, eat out less, or one of the other common goals but this one was an imtimate, deep challenge. A challenge that will be difficult but sure to show blessings, a challenge that may take more than a habit but a deep hunger within yourself to become something more for Christ. Although it took me off guard as I am sure others it did also it was something I had already had on my mind. I hadn't made a comitment towards a specific area spiritually but this was the very challenge I needed. The great thing about sharing our goals and something I am learning with blogging is that when you put things out there for others to see it helps you keep yourself accountable because you know others are paying attention also.

My goal for this year is in my prayer life. The Lord has convicted me lately over the past 2 months or so that my prayer life could be so much stronger. I spend alot of time praying for friends and family but the 2 people who mean the most to me in this entire world my husband and my daughter are often last on the list. I came to the realization this weekend that every single night my precious 6 year old Macie prays for Scott and I. She prays for him at school or praise band and consistently every single night she prays for my health and has for the past 2 years. Sometimes I chuckle at her prayers, she may pray for the dog, a game at school, another kindergarten with the flu or even her "allergies" but maybe she could teach us all a lesson. She never misses a night, she never forgets but is my biggest prayer warrior. I felt like a failure because if my 6 year old daughter can trust and believe God with such audacious faith and lift up the smallest things each day I can surely surrender them also.

Jesus as the year unfolds, as life steers us in whatever direction I commit to you now not only the big stuff but also the smallest things that seem insignificant. I vow to not only speak the desires of my heart but to pray with audacity and hope that you can and will have victory in whatever is placed at your feet. Thank You Jesus for even in the moments where we can't place the right words together in a sentence to bring before your Holy name that you can translate the mumbling of our hearts and intervene on our behalf.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing post!! I will be sharing this with our small group today!! Thank you Amber!

    ReplyDelete