There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

You want me to do what???

This video by Beth Moore is one of the most touching and beautiful stories I have ever seen. I have seen this video and her tell this very same story on different shows and occasions and everytime I watch it I still get "God bumps" and become speechless. Watch this video and see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xtk5WgzZcYA

In this video Beth talks of a man she meets waiting for a flight at an airport. This man is an elderly, wheelchair ridden, fraile man. He has the longest most matted hair hanging down in his face and is a sight that grab the attention of everyone around. As Beth sees this man sitting there she feels a deep calling of the Holy Spirit on her in that moment to approach this man. Because Beth is so sensitive to the Spirits leading in her life when she feels the Spirit moving her in a certain direction she is obedient. This situation caught Beth off guard and made her nervous, it put Beth out of her comfort zone and although she though the Lord wanted her to witness to this man she learned that the Spirit was calling her to brush this mans matted, long, unkempt hair. She didnt know at the time that this man had been in the hospital and hadn't had any help getting his hair cut or brushed so that when he got home to his wife of many many years he would feel good and presentable for his bride, his love. Beth was obedient and this lead to her sharing Jesus with a flight attendant who witnessed this true act of what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus. There are many times in life where I have felt the Spirit leading me to serve or be the hands and feet that Jesus would want me to be but instead I turned the other way. God doesnt always call us to witness to others by just preaching the Bible but just simple acts that are done with love and tenderness is a way that can truely reach into the heart of someone that needs to see Jesus in the everyday little moments in life.

Matthew 25:35 to 36 (NIV) ~ For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

Beth Moore could have walked away from the elderly man when she felt the Spirit saying she needed to brush his hair. He would have never known but instead she followed the Spirits leading and with gentleness and love brushed his hair and in that moment it was exactly what this man needed. We come to find through the video that this man already knew Jesus but that day He needed to know the love of Jesus in a simple human act. How much better would our world be if we followed the voice of the Holy Spirit in our lives each day and acted with love, gentleness, tenderness and compassion to those that need a helping hand? I just encourage you that if you feel the Spirit leading you to reach out to someone, regardless of whether its witnessing to them about the Bible or just providing a basic need go for it. The Lord will provide whatever you need in that moment if He is calling you to be used. He will provide the resources, wisdom and words to offer that person in that moment. It may seem scarey but I guarantee you will be blessed in huge ways for your obedience. The simplest things in life to us can mean the most to someone so desperate to feel loved and nurtured in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment