There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Uh-oh, watch out!...

Its no secret that I love pop. I love Pepsi, Mt. Dew and even Dr. Pepper at times and have really found comfort and joy in pulling through any fast food joint lately to order a large fountain pop. My daughter Macie likes grape pop and although we don't let her have it often it seems like anytime we do its always a disaster. I can't tell you how many times, I have lost count, that we have given in and allowed her to get a grape pop from the store and she ends up dropping the bottled pop on the ground somewhere in between the store and home. Well anybody that has ever dropped a bottle of pop on the ground knows that you might as well forget trying to open it for a while because if you do so much pressure has built up within that little container that by removing the cap it will send a fierce explosion out of that small bottle.

I remember one time specifically where Macie dropped her bottle of Grape Pop in the store parking lot and after we chased it down we let it sit for a few minutes on our way home. After we got home and got groceries put away I thought enough time had lapsed that I could go ahead and remove the cap, I mean surely the contents had settled and it would be ok? Wrong! I ended up with grape pop on the ceiling, my clothes, the furniture, all over my glasses and even in my nostrils somehow, it was just insane. Literally it was like an explosion, it was unstopable, I couldnt get the cap back on fast enough, it was so hard to try and get it under control and stop the damage that was already taking place.

So often I feel as Christians we are put in a Grape Pop bottle so to speak. We begin a relationship with Jesus and there is so much anticipation and excitment. So much starts to happen within us that truely we could explode. But we develop a sense of fear within us and are so afraid to cause a "rukus" we step back for a bit and let things settle. Instead of making a mess though and instead of causing disruption around us we keep the lid on tight and never allow that passion and love within us be released. I know over the past few years the Lord has truely done some things in my life that I am amazed at. I was a terrible mess and needed not only fixed and cleaned up a little I needed completely restored and rid of so many deep hurts,
imperfections, sins and problems in my own heart, my marriage, my friendships and most importantly my walk with God. It took a moment of being at the bottom of the pit for me to realize I had a choice to make, I could continue on like that flat tasteless bottle of pop or I could allow God to restore my life, shake things up a little and cause an explosion in my life and heart. Its been the hardest 2 years of my life probably but the most amazing ride. The Lord has truely broken me and transformed my life in more ways than I can possibly even understand to the fullest I'm sure.

Although it was super uncomfortable at times I have been so incredibly blessed, my life has truely been transformed. All that I thought was important and showed value in my life was removed and the Lord has revealed new purpose and direction for me beyond anything I could ever imagine. Sometimes I sit back and am just blown away at the things the Lord shows me each day, the plans that He's revealing for my life, seriously is this all for real?? I had a chance to do a ministry opportunity with some friends last week and as we were sitting there working on some things I had a moment where I wanted to pinch myself and see if I was dreaming or if really this is my life. I'm human and I'm still trying to figure things out, I'm still imperfect, I'm still a sinner and I'm still learning but I'm at the point know where its not a daily struggle to follow Christ its a deep desire and a hunger to know Him more each day so badly that my insides hurt. Its a desire and passion so strong that I literally feel like is hard to contain sometimes and I don't care what I disrupt, I dont care what kind of mess I make because the Lord has shaken my life up, every part of it and I will stop at nothing for the world to understand and be covered in His love like I have been.

I'm at a place where I lean fully on His direction and leading in my life even if it causes a mess around me and makes me and others uncomfortable at times because He is my strength and what drives me and I place my trust and life in His hands. I know there will be critics, I know there will be times Satan will try and interfere, I know there will be moments where my human capabilities run out but my God is faithful and "If our God is for us then who could ever stop us." I just encourage you that wherever or whatever the Lord is calling for your life let it cause you to explode and do it with such passion and hunger your life is driven by that desire, your days are driven by the strongest most deep love affair with Christ that it overflows onto everything else in your life and moves every aspect of the way you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment