There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Sunday, October 16, 2011

Embracing the person God has designed you to be....

There is something to be said about being comfortable in your own skin. This is so hard especially as women i think. Its not so much as being content with what we look like on the outside, our hair, our height, our weight, or the clothes that we wear but instead its about being ok with who we are. Its about  being ok with the person that God designed us to be. Every flaw, imperfection, passion, strength, all those pieces come together for a reason and finding a reason and purpose behind all that is what makes every person unique.

This is something I am really learning right now I feel. I never felt like I focused so much on self esteem kind of characteristics and being ok or not ok with them but I know there were often quirks in my personality that I wasnt ok with. There were things that I would find mysef doing that seemed unique and instead of embracing that I saw it as an imperfection. I know parents who love to help out at their childrens schools, they are involved with the PTA and sign up for every possible thing they can to help out with childrens ministries at church or sports and for me I don't really care for those things. I know this sounds terrible so let me explain. I looooove my daughter and feel like I am the best mom I can and know how to be and would do anything for my daughter. For her 6th Birthday this year I made cupcakes and decorated them with sprinkles and all and took them in to share with her whole class and would do anything I could to support and nurture her and be apart of her life but I don't feel like being inovled with Childrens things more than that is my passion or my strength. I enjoy music and like to sing but its not a huge passion of mine to be apart of the choir or to go Christmas caroling. Some people love selling things, having small businesses, being Avon or Scentsy consultants which I think takes a huge talent and special gift but its just not me.

I have learned that instead of seeing myself as not good at those things I change my focus to what I am good at and what I'm passionate about and thank God for giving me the gifts for those areas. I love writing and sharing Jesus through my life stories which is why I started this blog, I love being an encourager and giving little gifts to people I love. I love nurturing women and mentoring younger college age girls and sharing my life and experiences with them and helping them and praying for them. I like to make people laugh, I like cooking for my husband and family. I like being able to have a neat and cozy house for my family and try really hard making everyone who comes to our house feel welcome and comfortable. It took me a long time to truely be ok with who God has designed me to be. I still have my days where I wish I could sing like "Kari Jobe" or bake an amazing birthday cake unlinke my terrible baking skills. I have days I wish I enjoyed going to the zoo and looking at the animals or watching musicals but thats just not me and I am becoming ok with that.

I am becoming ok that although there are many things that just arent me or I may not be good at or be passionate about there are so many other things I am good at and am passionate about. Its about becoming ok with the things that God has created you for and nurturing that strength, its about truely embracing your uniqueness and knowing that although you may be different and you may not be able to do the things your friend can do its what makes you who you are. Psalm 139: 13-15 "Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something."

I am learning that I have so many amazing friends and family that are all so different from me, I could name person after person and tell you how unique and talented they are but yet so different and so beautiful. I am thankful today that God chose to make me the person I am, with different quirks, strengths, passions and gifts. Whoever God has designed you to be I just encourage you this week to grab ahold of all those intricate details and be joyful in your own skin, embrace the beauty of who you are :)

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Find what gifts you do have. No one says we all have to join the PTA or sing in the choir right :)
    Love this post too! What an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete