There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, October 7, 2011

Being nourished from within....

I'm not a bug person I have to admit. 8 legs, 10 legs, legs, 1000 legs, 2 wings I am not a fan. I dont get totally freaked out by spiders, crickets or bees but I dont love them either. I have to tell you though that I have found an appreciation on some level for bugs having a 6 year old and a Science teacher for a husband. My friend Kayleigh was telling me a story last week about a team of ants she battled against in her college apartment which if you know Kayleigh it was extremely animated and funny, you would have thought she took on a grizzly bear.

Anyhow its always been fascinating to me characteristics of ants. They are so tiny and vulnerable. It doesnt take much to destory their little bodies, whether it be a kids shoe, animal or whatever they are pretty weak. Have you ever seen though how large ant clusters can become. They are seriously amazing and its one of those situations where when I see one I can't help but stare and try to figure out how many thousands of little ants are there together. There can be the tiniest piece of food on the ground but its amazing how many ants it will attract. They will fight and squeeze their way in, they are desperate to have a piece of that nourishment.

I wonder how similar humans are to these clusters of ants? We are desperate to belong, to gather together and be apart of something and to be fed. I heard a statistic last week that said 60% of people that listen to Christian Radio don't go to church. That number just seems crazy to me! I really belive that this statistic is because we are desperate to be filled, we are desperate to be loved and have hope and through Christian Radio thats the goal. It makes us feel good to listen to uplifting songs that build our spirits up and encourage us. There is a sense of love and belonging so we can listen and be fed a little but probably not as much as if we were to go to a church or be apart of a christian group. The reality is we all need to be nourished and in my life I have found that true nourishment comes from Jesus. I have tried, relationships, jobs, busyness and many more things but although those things took up space in my life and made me feel apart of something, it was still a desperate attempt at being fed. Its like those ants squeezing together for that tiny piece of food, it satisfies temporarily but it doesnt last, it doesnt truely nourish and supply fulfillment.There's a Kari Jobe song that says the most beautiful words: "I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against you and breathe, feel Your heartbeat. This love is so deep, its more than I can bear, I melt in Your peace its overwhelming."

Are you feeling like there is so much stuff that you try and shove in the space of your life for fulfillment? Whatever you are going through and whever your at in your life just know that Jesus can be there in the midst of it. He can supply your heart and life with whatever you need and can fill in the space. He can be your nourishment and strength, He can provide that love and belonging that is lasting and fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment