There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Friday, December 23, 2011

The Ultimate Birthday Bash...

With 27 hours to go and various Christmas gatherings already taking place we make a mad dash to the finish line. Tensions high, presents to buy and stores busting at the seam we are all functioning in pure chaos mode towards the same goal. Christmas Day, a time to gather, eat, laugh, exchange gifts and be reminded of how blessed we truly are is inevitably one of the most beautiful times of the year.

As I sit back tonight exhausted from the preparation of Christmas time I am reminded that although I still get giddy pulling the rings from the Christmas countdown chain each year and decorating the house with lights and colors that regardless of how much we prepare Christmas day always comes and goes before we can even take in all the details of the days events. We spend so much time and energy preparing for that magical day and then with a blink of an eye its gone. Like the birthday parties I plan for my precious Macie every August I start weeks ahead and try to make sure all the details are perfect, and before I'm even able to breath and enjoy I realize I am in the midst of the clean tasks of taking down balloons, streamers, decorations and saying goodbye to our party guests, yes that quickly its over.

A friend posted on Facebook today a status that literally made my heart leap for joy and was a reminder to me that regardless of the effort we put into the preparation we still can't even fathom what heaven and the ultimate Celebration on Christmas will be there. The party planning, stress and chaos will be non existent and instead we will merely be a guest at the biggest Birthday bash we could ever imagine. My Sweet 16 and their million dollar parties will have nothing on the ultimate showdown we will experience as we Celebrate with Jesus. I imagine nothing but smiles, laughter, dancing, joy and inexpressible gladness that inst over in 24 hours but lasts for eternity. I imagine the most beautiful lights, streamers of gold and an overwhelming sense of carelessness and peace that we can only dream about. 

"I love our Christmas parties on Earth, but i bet the Christmas party in heaven is absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment