There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Saturday, December 17, 2011

A legacy has been left for sure....

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20111217/NEWS01/112170311/Kathy-Dixon-Marion-Public-Health-commissioner-dies?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage


This past summer I am reminded of moments with the sun beating down and the humidity thick as Macie  asked everyday, "mommy can we swim?" Growing up I loved swiming. Come to think of it I'm not sure I would clasify it as swimming but more wading since I still don't really know how to swim. I think I could doggy paddle enough to save myself but I wouldn't go jumping off the high dive anytime soon or taking any chances. I remember watching other kids plummet off that fiberglass board with such anticipation and excitment, but when it was my turn I was too afraid to step out and take a chance.

There were of course moments where one of the kids would jump and land SMACK right on the water awarkdly and although I have never jumped from a high dive I have leaped from the edge of a pool enough to know what it feels like to do a "body smack" and its not fun. Lets be real it hurts, it takes your breath away for a moment and leaves your body stinging for awhile. Life is alot like jumping from a high dive. We can be afraid to jump in but we arent going to make much impact sitting on the side with our feet dangling safely in the water. Heb 13:6 "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. In order to make an impact we have to be willing to go the distance, climb the ladder and face the unknown even if it means staring down from a high dive and sometimes facing the sting of an awkward fall from life.

Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." There are situations, circumstances, trials and hardships that leave a mark and hurt for awhile but we can't let that keep us from climbing back up that ladder rung by rung and leaping in the waters again. In our community this past week there was a tragic loss of Dr. Kathy Dixon. We knew Kathy through church but also because her husband is my Primary doctor so she would often be apart of my medical care as well. She wasn't just a doctor but a friend and an encouragor. Regardless of how exhausted or sick I was she was always uplifting and compassionate. You can't help but notice this past week of the thousands and thousands of people who have grieved her loss and shared beautiful memories about her life. The way that she lived each day serving others and being so caring shows what a selfless and beautiful woman she was. A loving mother, wife, doctor, friend, sister, and witness for Christ you can easily see the legacy she left and the impact her life had on so many and the ripples are still continuing. We all have an opportunity everyday to leave a legacy and to step out of the bounds of whats comfortable in life and go beyond ourselves to reach into the hearts of others and change them forever. We can leave a negative impact or a postive one and our steps orchestrate an everlasting impact on someones life and journey in this life.

There is a song and the lyrics say " I wanna leave a legacy how will they remember me did I choose to love, did I point to You enough to make a mark on things I wanna leave an offering, a child of mercy & grace who blessed Your name unapologetically, and leave that kind of legacy." I pray that as we are faced with the opportunity to look over the edge of the high dive in life everyday that we would choose to cling tight to Jesus and jump. Regardless of whether we land perfectly or things don't go as planned and life leaves us hurt we still have an opportunity to use that leap of faith to make an impact so that the presence of Jesus will cause ripples in the lives of others and leave a legacy for His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment