There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, July 30, 2012

Lets do this...

Its 4:00 a.m. and once again my brain won't shut off and I am up. There are few times its just my body being restless but most of the time its my silly brain and that "thinker" switch that I can't seem to shut down at times. Often in moments such as this I find that the Lord is trying to tell me something but the busyness of the day has muffled His whispers and caused me to be distracted from His words, so instead at 4 a.m. with minor distractions I can quiet my heart before Him and almost hear Him say "finally, geez."

As all of you are aware the Summer Olympics have been running continuously since Thursday's opening ceremony in London. Growing up I remember watching bits and pieces of the Olympics but for some reason this years games have me hooked. Even Macie has been hooked and every spare moment we get to sit our family is glued to the t.v. watching the games. There have been many upsets and unexpected victories. From Michael Phelps losing the gold, Lochte swimming to break the world record, Jordyn Wieber losing her spot on the all around Gymnastics finals and Kazakhstan taking the gold in the Mens Road Cycling Race. Growing up I did cheer leading and a little gymnastics but only to learn to tumble for Cheer leading so it was very insignificant compared to the extensive hours and hours of training and preparation that takes place for the Olympic Games. As a little kid we hall have dreams we aspire to be, Doctors, Singers, Astronauts and even Olympic Gold Medalist. Its amazing the to me how much my dreams have changed, some based on circumstances but alot because of the way God has removed the veil from parts of my heart and opened new passions inside. I may never be an Olympic Gold medalist but one thing I am confident in is the victories that each day hold because of Christs faithfulness.

Its no secret the continued health battles we have faced over the past 2 1/2 years. After being pretty sick and having a dangerous infection last week in my bloodstream I am once again reminded of Gods faithfulness. Unfortunately the health battles have become the norm for us but God continually reminds me that each and every fever, medication, hospital stay, test, infusion, and infection has been met with Victory. This week I have the privilege to go with some friends to a leadership conference in Alabama. Physically I know it will be challenging but I am confident that its going to be amazing because of His promises. Yesterday I kept hearing Him whisper in my ear "I did not give you a spirit of fear but of POWER." Each day is a victory in my life, each day is a reminder of His faithfulness and power. Although my circumstances can be overwhelming I know God is not surprised one bit by them and will continue to walk with us each step of the way.

I am praying for continual victories this week. Victories physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am praying that our hearts would be open to allow Christ to invade every single crack and crevice and place inside us a spirit of POWER and PASSION for His purpose. Break our hearts for what breaks Yours Jesus and remove the chains from anything that holds us back from your freedom. Place within us a dream and confidence that whatever You have called us to You will equip our bodies, minds and spirits and fuel that dream with a passion that is only from You. We are so excited and ready to rock, lets do this team!

No comments:

Post a Comment