There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, July 9, 2012

A time and season for everything....

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance" Ecclesiastes 3:1-3. Seeing the temperatures in the 90's for the past week has been rough. I'm not a fan of the extreme heat and when it comes down to it I could live without snow also. When the new seasons begin its nice to have a change in pace but after awhile the newness wears off and I get antsy to move on. Although it would be nice to live somewhere with mild temperatures all year long I am starting to embrace the importance of the seasons and the meaning behind each one. 

I love Fall and its my favorite of the four seasons. I love seeing the leaves flutter from the trees leaving them bare and exposed. Then Winter takes over for Fall and continues the dying process of the flowers, grass and leaves. In itself winter always seems to be a dreary and long season in which on its own it would be difficult to see the importance but placed between Fall and Spring it fits perfectly. After winter comes my second favorite season and that's Spring. Its always so exciting seeing the beautiful flowers bloom up from the ground and hearing the chirping of birds that have returned and given life to new babies. Then summer probably my daughters favorite season because she loves being outside in the swimming pool as much as possible. Summer is almost a continuation of spring and the rising temperatures take the new sprouting flowers and life to the next level of growth until they reach their potential and need to be pruned in which Fall then steps in. As a whole we can see the necessary cycle of growth, pruning and death that together each season helps with. It's one of those amazing concepts that I just sit back and smile about because God knew exactly what He was doing when He created each of the seasons. 

People go through seasons in life also. There are cycles of physical growth and change as well as emotional and spiritual. We go through seasons in our careers, friendships, finances and relationship with Christ. I am so thankful God knew exactly what He was doing when He created our earthly seasons as well as the seasons in our hearts and lives. Sometimes there will be people come in and out of our lives and although it may be hard there is always a reason and God knows what is best for us and what we need when we need it. Our Churches can also go through periods of transition where the Lord places a new passion or vision on our hearts or we may face periods of growth and change. Or maybe there are things in your life that are causing space between you and God and He wants nothing more than to prune you and remove those things which are causing poison and destruct to you. I don't know what transitions your facing today but I do know we are loved by a God who arranged the seasons perfectly, if He cares enough about the blooming flowers in the Spring you can count on His faithfulness through the seasons of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment