There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Thursday, August 16, 2012

Falling on my knees...

"You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same, You are amazing." God even in the midst of my raw, messy, discouraged and painful thoughts You still wrap me up up in Your tender arms and love on me with pride and adoration because I am Your beloved." When there are no answers to the questions and my strength has run out You still search the depths of my being and uncover the places that I have hidden from the world and only the salve of your tender mercies can heal. 

There are moments in life where you "praise now and feel it later. What I mean is that you are so broken and confused that not one ounce of you wants to praise, you don't love your circumstances or understand them but what you praise is not the place your in but instead the God who will sustain you through them. Right now I am exhausted, discouraged, and frustrated just to name a few. There are emotions I am feeling that I can't even label but I know I am loved by a God who can. In the moments where I can't even wrap my mind around what I'm feeling He searches my heart and soothes those wounded places. Today a friend shared this amazing quote with me that reminded of how much God knows my heart and emotions. He is not surprised nor caught off guard by them but instead has prepared for them by sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for every thought and feeling, good or bad that I have ever had and will have. 

Jesus is so attractive to me. What is it about Him that causes my entire being to respond? The consistency of His nature reassures me. His holiness pulls me to goodness. His love embraces me and will not let me go. His wisdom challenges me to know more. His attitude draws me to all that is positive. His emotional stability presents me with a foundation for stable living. His wholeness assures me that I can be complete in Him. The light of His countenance brightens my life. His resurrected life allows me to live in Him. His complete serenity brings rest to my soul. The boundaries of His arms will not let me stray. His crucifixion assures me of His love. His reigning Lordship tells me nothing can harm me. His authority over all things shrinks all obstacles. His generous heart gives me all I can ever need. His penetrating eyesight gives me guidance. His amazing discernment erases confusion. His shared power gives me confidence in every situation. His grace and mercy embrace me in every failure. The protection of His presence is greater than a big brother. His guidance for my daily living gives clarity to all my actions. His insight allows me to see the need of those who are hurting. His tender mercy blocks all revenge as it spills through my life. His uncomprehending forgiveness so startles me that I share it with others. Hatred becomes impossible in light of His presence. I live in peace! Why does He attract me? I was made for Him! I cannot live without Him; why would I want to try? ~ Stephen Manley
The cry of my heart is this. "Broken I run to You for Your arms are open wide. I am empty but I know your touch RESTORES my life. So I wait on You, So I wait on You................"
I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me. Jesus your all this heart is living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment