There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving....

I can hardly believe that Christmas is only 6 weeks away and Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I have to admit that fall is my most favorite time of the year. I love watching the leaves tumble across the grass, the feeling of the crispness in the air across my face, the smell of apple cider, the warmth a yummy bowl of chili fills my tummy with and most of all the closeness I feel with my friends and family all nestled together inside relaxing in our sweat pants enjoying each others company or a game of football on t.v.

Every Thanksgiving my mother in law posts a piece of paper on the door downstairs and we all take turns writing on it what we are thankful for that year. Normally my list goes a little something like this: Family, friends, food, a house etc. Not that these things aren't important but I really feel like this year the Lord has challenged me in many ways to reflect on what I am thankful for in a different sense than normal. I feel like He is challenging me to be thankful for not just the big things in life but also the little moments that we sometimes fail to recognize as being blessings and gifts from God.

Regardless of the situation or the struggles we go through I have always believed that in one way or another the Lord would use our journey for something good and that He always redeems all situations. This past year being in and out of the hospital so much its been a real challenge to me to keep sight of these things and to believe in my heart at times that the Lord would use my suffering for something good. As Thanksgiving approaches us however I feel like the Lord is trying to show me what it means to truely have a thankful heart in all situations. When life gets tough your perspective on things of this world change a little and you realize what really is important and the things that really dont matter so much.

I am sure I am only beginning to catch a glimpe of what God is going to reveal to me as He uses the struggles of this past year. I have noticed how much more appreciative I am for the simplest things like being able to give my daughter a bath and tuck her in bed at night or having the strength to make dinner for my family each night, picking my daughter up from school and hearing her talk a mile a minute about all the fun stuff she did and learned that day, being out of the hospital to worship with my church family on Sunday mornings, and being able to spend Thanksgiving with my family reflecting on this year and the journey the Lord walked with us through with a heart of gratitude and gratefulness.

I am thankful this year for the simple things in life and that even when I'm having a hard day or not feeling the greatest I can look back and be reminded of how far the Lord has brought me and through some of the darkest valleys at times. A friend of ours had a quote on his facebook probably a year or so ago and it has stuck with me ever since and it said "some of our worst days is someone elses best." I think that quote says its all, we can always look at where we are at and in the moment be reminded that it could always be worse or someone somewhere is probably going through a much more difficult time than us and that we should remain hopeful even in the smallest things. If you search the bible for verses pertaining to being thankful you will find pages of them but here are a few of my favorites. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Ephesians 5:20 "Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

I pray that as we all celebrate Thanksgiving this year we would be reminded of the littlest blessings each day and we would truely take time to embrace each moment we have with those we love in all circumstances. Happy Thanksgiving friends! Love, ams

No comments:

Post a Comment