There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Magic glasses....

I have to admit that lately I have found such peace in driving. Being able to turn my music up, roll the windows down and feel the wind on my face there just seems to be a sense of freedom and calmness. There are definitely moments though when a driver cuts me off, I get stuck behind a super slow car who seems to be out sight seeing or there is a train on the tracks for the second time in one day and my patience definitely are tested. Today as I was out running a few errands though I happened to be stuck in a long line of traffic and another drive was curtious enough to let me turn into where I needed to go instead of sitting there forever. There was a video I saw posted this past week on Facebook and it has really stuck with me.



The video shows a guy going through different parts of his day and it seems like things just keep going wrong. From the moment he tries to leave in the morning and the neighbor kid is skate boarding once again past his driveway while pulling out, to getting cut off in a parking lot and having to wait in a long line for his morning coffee, it just seems to be one thing after another. Its one of those days where every little thing that could possibly happen does and his patience are continually tested. Then in the video while the guy is waiting for his coffee these "magic" glasses appear. Confused he puts the glasses on his face and POOF....right before his very eyes he gets the ability to look at those around him and see the struggles they are facing labeled clearly above them. The kid who is always in his way and skating past his house doesnt have anyone who cares, the lady who took the parking spot he was going for is grieving the loss of a close friend, the guy in the coffee shop serving him and doing his best even though there is a long line is battling an addiction and there is example after example played in this short few minute clip.

I wonder how many of us forget to put on our magic glasses everyday? We get so caught up in what is going on in our own lives we forget to put on our hearts of compassion and sensitivity in the morning to others around us. Instead of thinking maybe the person in a hurry who just took your parking spot needed it more, we get so caught up in "poor me." Although we can't tangibly put on "magic" glasses in the morning we should face the world each day with the understanding that we are all facing a battle. My battle may be different from yours but non of us are free from the war each day. None of us are living a perfect, carefree life. Struggles and trials don't discriminate. It doesnt matter how much money you have, how big of a house you live in, how perfect your job or marriage is, how healthy you are or how beautiful your life may be we still all have "things." Its hard enough to face the things in this world everyday and the battles that Satan tries to throw our way, we certainly don't need to do him any favors by making someones battle any harder than it already is. I'm not saying what you are going through isn't relavent or difficult I am just saying that remember just as earth shattering is the battle your facing is to you, so is the one someone else is facing.

Instead of getting ticked off and taking out your frustrations on the woman at the other end of the phone calling for another survey, the unhelpful woman at the customer service department of your favorite store, the newspaper boy for throwing your paper in the bushes again or the super slow driver you are stuck behind as you rush to work, remember the battle isnt against them. The battle is against the enemy and you have no idea what they are dealing with, you can't see their life by a 10 second snapshot and truely understand the battles in their heart.

"This man beside us also has a hard fight with an unfavouring world, with strong temptations, with doubts and fears, with wounds of the past which have skinned over, but which smart when they are touched. It is a fact, however surprising. And when this occurs to us we are moved to deal kindly with him, to bid him be of good cheer, to let him understand that we are also fighting a battle; we are bound not to irritate him, nor press hardly upon him nor help his lower self." ~John Watson

I just felt like I needed to be reminded this week that although things are difficult in my life right now its not just about me, someone else has it way worse than I do and needs to be cut a little slack. We could all use a break in life, we have enough trouble in this life as it is. I just encourage you as you face each day pretend you have a pair of "magic" glasses. Be sensitive to others around you and realize we are all facing a battle each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment