There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Laughter, flip flops and November......only God :)

Driving home this morning from running a few errands I just started cracking up. I started my journey less than a few hours before in a sweatshirt and boots and by the time I got home I had quickly shed the layers to a t-shirt and sandals. I don't remember a time in my life ever before I have walked around in flip flops as the leaves squish between my toes, crunch, crumble and scatter on the ground. Today I am thankful for the sunshine and 70 degree weather in November. I am thankful that even when the normal calls for something different God still knows how to change it up. We are prepared for cold, dreary days right now in Ohio but I think somewhere in that bright beautiful sky God is laughing saying "I got ya." I like to think that when I need the sunshine or an unexpected ray of hope in my life that regardless of what odds are against me, what the past has created a pattern for, none of that matters to Him. He is able to change the scenery, change the tune in our hearts and bring sunshine in November. These moments always keep us on our toes and makes us realize that He is still there, He is still in control and He is still God. Thank You Jesus for the unexpected and the way you touch our hearts through them. Thank You for a new memory today as I walk in the crunchy leaves and am reminded that its You, Its You that can make walking in flip flops in November a beautiful reminder, and lots of laughter too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment