There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Monday, May 7, 2012

Safety from the Storm....

Driving home from dinner today with dark clouds hanging overhead the evenings silence was interrupted by the echoing man over the loud speaker warning us of a thunderstorm approaching. "A severe thunderstorm warning, a severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for this area." Macie is 6 and still doesn't understand where this voice is coming from or that it can be heard all over our county but what she does understand is that when the echoing man speaks its our cue to seek shelter, safety and security from the storms ahead. 

Why is it as humans we understand when a thunderstorm comes you seek shelter, when a tornado is possible we seek shelter but when life is crazy and the chaos starts raging around us and blowing winds of confusion and turmoil we ultimately forget to seek shelter? If your like me at all you just assume you can handle things on your own and after awhile you realize the chaos is much bigger than your human strength and you start becoming overwhelmed, frustrated, discouraged and weary.


I read a quote today that really struck deep  within my heart. "When the challenges of life seem overwhelming, step away from the negative and keep on moving ahead holding on to the Father's hand. We have a choice -let the negative define us or God's love describe us. Although hiding in a basement or ditch can help protect us against the storms they aren't full proof, but when we face the storms of life God can tuck us beneath the shelter of His almighty arms and calm the storms within our hearts.

Psalm 91:1-2, 4 NLT     

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
Will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
“He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I trust Him”.
He will cover you with His feathers.
He will shelter you with His wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

 It is through the hope of Jesus that we can find protection, healing, restoration, peace and security from the storms of life. Whatever you are going through, whatever storms are raging within your heart seek shelter beneath the wings of our loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment