There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

ZING....ZAP....AHHHH!


ZING,ZAP..... “Ahhhhhhhh” were the noises coming from my living room made up of a fried satellite box and my pour husbands black sizzling fingers. We weren’t prepared for a comedy show but with the sounds taken care of and black smoke rising from behind the t.v. I would say maybe we were prepared. It was a series of events that lead to this point, our original t.v. bit the dust and a very generous couple from church offered us a replacement which we felt blessed. We get the T.V. home, plug it in and ZAP!!! So over the next few days we went through the battle of dealing with our terrible old electrical wiring on our home and no T.V. 

Now it seems silly but at one point I may or may not have gone out in the middle of the backyard and let the tears pour for a short meltdown moment. It wasn’t about the T.V. ultimately but instead I just felt like “seriously God, why can’t anything ever be simple?” I warn friends to be careful hanging out with me because my bad luck may rub off on them lol. After two days of having no T.V. I started to feel a sense of freedom, like I could breathe easier, I felt less distracted and this little voice who had been trying to talk with me had become audibly louder. It’s amazing how so many things can become distractions in our life from what God is trying to say to us. I am a doer, because if I can keep continually busy then I don’t have to sit back, be still and listen to the hard things. Having no T.V. for 2 days seems so pitiful but it’s really allowed me to have some focused, quiet time. God is showing me that either A, there is something from the past that He wants me to revisit and deal with more, or B, something is being prepared for your journey ahead and God wants to grab your attention and alert and prepare you. God uses every single ounce of pain, turmoil or trials in this life to continue to shape and mold us more into His perfect image. 

Although I am typing this now with the background noise playing from my T.V., I am thankful for those few days of freedom, quiet, and whispers from God. I am reminded that there are worse things in this life than a T.V. but even then He uses my moments of frustration to break me of my humanness. How many of you feel like things can never be easy? Your alarm never goes off, your out of milk for your kids cereal, you get a flat tire on the way to work, spill coffee on your new blouse the next thing you know you are in “stinkin thinkin” mode? "One of the biggest steps we can take toward consistently glorifying Christ and walking in peace and joy with our heavenly Father is to recognize the deceit which had held us captive. Satan's lies distort our true perspective, warp our thoughts, and produce painful emotions. If we cannot identify those lies then it is very likely that we will continue to be defeated by them."

I am learning that I am a pro at this sometimes and when I start to become distracted and overtaken by the weapons of discouragement, fear, turmoil and pain that the enemy tries to throw in my way then I must immediately take those thoughts captive and turn them about as truth because Jesus has the ultimate victory already and we know longer have to be prisoners to negative thinking. 

1 comment: