There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no-testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. As I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will ever cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is- that is the rest of VICTORY!!!!



Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Most Beautiful Reveal....



"To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:11

A few summers ago we decided to take on a family project and grow butterflies. We started with larvae that turned into caterpillars that turned into cocoons and then eventually we had the most beautiful monarch butterflies. It took a while to get from start to finish but when that first butterfly hatched from its cocoon and the beauty of its new life spread its wings for all to see it was worth the effort. I remember thinking throughout the process though of how much effort, time, and patience it took to be still through their transformation. There were parts that were yucky, parts that seemed boring like there was nothing happening, and even along the way a few didn’t survive. But we sat nearby patiently waiting their big reveal.

Life can sometimes feel like that long, painful process of transformation. We know that God has this big beautiful plan and reveal eventually but it’s hanging on through the hurt, its hanging on through the seasons, it’s about having faith that because God is who He says He is, because God is faithful and “works all things together for our good” that He will come through. As we have faced a difficult week this week I honestly have struggled with understanding Gods purpose over this season of our lives and then I was reminded of the butterfly bracelet I bought on vacation last summer. 


 At the time I thought it was beautiful and wanted a memento to remind us of our trip together as a family but tonight as I wear it on my wrist I am reminded of the promise that we have through Christ, the promise that regardless of how tough the journey seems, how steep the mountain becomes God is working passionately on each intricate piece of our lives and transforming them to fit perfectly together for a beautiful reveal.The even crazier part is that I have had a cross lamp sitting in my living room for 2 years and tonight as I was sitting and thinking I looked over at the softly lit lamp and noticed painted beautifully right in the center is a blue butterfly. 


 Thank You Jesus for Your whispers of hope tonight, my heart is moved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment